Q. I feel bloated whenever I eat. Kindly advice.

My problem started two months back when I suddenly had diarrhea. I took Flagyl for a week but all in vain. Then I visited a physician, he prescribed me Rifagut 400 thrice a day for seven days, Pantocid 20 twice a day for five days and probiotic twice a day for five days. I got relief immediately but again after a few days, my bowel motion turned into loose stools two to three times a day. I waited for about 20 days for my situation to improve but, in vain. Then I again visited my doctor and he prescribed the same medications. This time, the effect of the medication was not imminent and whenever I ate, I feel bloated. Now, I have a shifting pain in my stomach. I am attaching my test reports. Kindly advice as to what can be done in my case.

#

I went through your query as well as the investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The condition responds to Rifaximin (Rifagut) for a short term. The long term treatment is based on the identification of the diet that results in initiating of symptoms. You need to maintain a food record to see on what day you had severe symptoms and identify what you had taken on that day.
  • Meanwhile, if you have symptoms of bloating, I would suggest you take:
  1. Capsule Sompraz L (Esomeprazole and Levosulpiride) at bedtime.
  2. Tablet Equirex (Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium) at bedtime.
  3. Rifagut (Rifaximin) 200 mg twice daily.
  • Rifagut is a nonabsorbable antibiotic. So, it does not have any significant side effects.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|