Q. What can be done for pain due to impacted wisdom teeth?

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed
Published on Nov 26, 2018

I am a female, 18 years old, 5 feet. I weigh 50 kg. I am having a problem with my wisdom teeth. They are impacted and causing me a lot of pain.

#

I understand the pain you are experiencing due to impacted wisdom teeth. These teeth should be removed to alleviate the pain. They are removed by surgical procedure mostly under local anesthesia. Sometimes they are done under conscious sedation also. It would be great if you could send me the X-rays pictures. I could diagnose and let you know the difficulty in removal. For pain reduction, you can continue the same medication. Kindly rinse your mouth using salt in lukewarm water frequently around 4 to 5 times daily till the wisdom teeth are extracted.

Is it necessary to get wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?  Read Full »

I have pain on the left side of the jaw. Is it due to an impacted tooth or a tooth with large filling?

Query: Hi doctor, Approximately six weeks ago, I got niggling wisdom teeth pain. The left top and bottom wisdom teeth were breaking through the gums. I got sudden pain which was severe in intensity around the back of my mouth and the lower left side. It got aggravated especially on chewing and radiating to...  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »