Q. Is my toothache during root canal treatment due to calcium hydroxide allergy?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot water. I went to the dentist and she performed RCT again and now she has left it open because now I have a constant pain which is there a from two weeks. The dentist said I might be allergic to calcium hydroxide and then she said it could be an infection. I am not sure what is happening. Kindly help. Pain is unbearable.

#

I had gone through your question I can understand your concern.

The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics and that will help you. If you had antibiotics and pain still persist, please let me know about the name of antibiotics because you may be resistant to it. You can also upload the pictures of X-ray done during root canal treatment so that I can tell you, if RCT is done properly or not. An allergic reaction does not precipitate in the form of pain only there could be certain associated complications too.

|