Q. Should I get my wisdom teeth removed?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Feb 05, 2019

I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?

#

I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. If it is giving you any sort of problem or giving you discomfort, you need to remove it immediately. There are chances of cyst formation in some cases too, if the impaction is not treated. You can delay it but my opinion is to get it removed.

Severe pain with bad breath and taste after wisdom tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out a week back. My stitches came out and now there is a big hole where the tooth was extracted. My dentist gave me nothing, not cleaning tools at all. I am just freaking out because their office is closed. What should I do about the giant hole? It h...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it hurts a lot, it means that you have a dry socket condition, where the blood clot gets dislodged from the wound causing infection. You need to start taking antibiotics like Augmentin 625 mg and a painkiller. Also, use warm salt water gargling three times a day. ...  Read Full

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full >>

Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have a cyst formation associated with the impacted tooth according to the images. In some cases, by orthodontic treatment, the tooth can be exposed, and they are brought to a...  Read Full

I feel a pressure on my gum if I press the area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,When I press the area on my face under my right nostril, I get a pressure on my upper gum inside my mouth which hurts real bad. When I do not press on it, my right front tooth hurts, like a toothache or pressure.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have an abscess or a cyst. You need to see a dentist for a visual and physical examination. It needs to be ascertained whether there is any cavity or an abscess related to any front teeth using an X-ray as soon as possible. For more information consult a dent...  Read Full