Q. I have large buck teeth and triangular gap between rows. Do I need braces?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

So, I have an overbite and I would probably say it is pretty bad. My teeth are not that bad, but I do have large buck teeth.

My two front teeth are angled on the outsides and that creates a triangle shape gap in between my top and bottom teeth.

I was wondering with the information provided above, do you think I need braces, a retainer, or Invisalign?

#

I have read through your complaint and the relevant details.

You have mentioned that your front teeth are protruded, large and that creates a space with the lower teeth. With these, I am pretty much sure that you might need braces (fixed orthodontic therapy).

But a proper analysis of your teeth in position along with your skeletal outline are the factors which decide that you need braces. For beauty purpose, you can also discuss with your specialist about lingual braces or ceramic (tooth-colored) braces.

Invisalign is chosen only for mild correction and cannot achieve results that as proper braces. Retainer and Invisalign almost serve the same purpose of maintaining the moved or corrected teeth through braces. They cannot be used all in all for co correction in your case I reckon.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|