Q. I have large buck teeth and triangular gap between rows. Do I need braces?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Published on Aug 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

So, I have an overbite and I would probably say it is pretty bad. My teeth are not that bad, but I do have large buck teeth.

My two front teeth are angled on the outsides and that creates a triangle shape gap in between my top and bottom teeth.

I was wondering with the information provided above, do you think I need braces, a retainer, or Invisalign?

#

I have read through your complaint and the relevant details.

You have mentioned that your front teeth are protruded, large and that creates a space with the lower teeth. With these, I am pretty much sure that you might need braces (fixed orthodontic therapy).

But a proper analysis of your teeth in position along with your skeletal outline are the factors which decide that you need braces. For beauty purpose, you can also discuss with your specialist about lingual braces or ceramic (tooth-colored) braces.

Invisalign is chosen only for mild correction and cannot achieve results that as proper braces. Retainer and Invisalign almost serve the same purpose of maintaining the moved or corrected teeth through braces. They cannot be used all in all for co correction in your case I reckon.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

How to correct jaw discomfort and bite alignment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have jaw discomfort and a misaligned bite. I have not removed my wisdom tooth, and I have a habit of popping the jaw. I usually put my palm over the jaw near my ear, and there will be a pop. I have a gum tissue behind my molar, and I am unable to close my left side o...  Read Full »

Will other teeth shift if I get a tooth removed for braces?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a misalignment and mild crowding of teeth in upper jaw and have bite issues. I have consulted a maxillofacial surgeon and advised tooth removal prior to braces and removed upper left tooth, probably molar tooth, and advised to consult orthodontist for braces. I want to know whe...  Read Full »

Indiscriminate Use of Mouthwash Alone is not the Solution for Halitosis

Article Overview: Most of the time people never care about the underlying cause of bad breath, they just use mouthwash and think "all is well". This article stresses on the fact that mouthwash alone is not a solution for bad breath. Read Article

Whenever we experience bad smell or breath emanating from our mouth, the next thing we do is go and buy a mouthwash to get rid of it. This goes on for 1 or 2 months, and then we give up to the fate or finally decide for some expert opinion. We need to give bad breath more importance in our daily li...  Read Article