Invisalign

Are the upper teeth supposed to flare out or be straight?

Query: Hi, I just received a 3d model of my teeth for a proposed treatment plan with clear aligners. I used to have braces and the changes I need are very minor. In the finished model, my front top teeth flare out at an angle, where as now they are straight up and down. The orthodontist said they are supp...  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.Com, I have gone through your attachments, anteriors are flared up in the model and yes there inclination is increased. If you are having doubt with that then it is better to have word with your orthodontist. Definitely if patient concern is not there then orthodontist have...  Read Full »

Please give your opinion on my teeth alignment.

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my crossbite image. I would like to know about the treatment or brace that is suitable for me. What is your opinion about alignment? Can Invisible alignment treatment correct my problem? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have one upper anterior tooth in crossbite with the lower anterior tooth (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There seems to be sufficient space to bring the tooth in line with the other teeth. To do so, we must disocclude or raise your bite. This will al...  Read Full »

Which is better to correct space between teeth, Invisalign or retainer?

Query: Hi doctor, I got braces off five years ago and hardly wore my retainer. I have a permanent retainer on two of my front teeth. Now, I have horrible overjet, spacing between canines and two front teeth and crowding on the bottom. Will I need braces? Or can I get Invisalign or even a better retainer? T...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to have been a significant relapse of orthodontic treatment in the post treatment phase, which is not possible to solve though retainers alone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Retainers are passive and cannot provide much of tooth movement by ...  Read Full »

Is it wise to undergo interproximal reduction to help my midline shift?

Query: Hi doctor, I am undergoing invisalign treatment. My teeth have straightened out, bite is correct and the midlines of my top and bottom arches are aligned. However, both arches are about 1mm off from the midline of my face. Is this something that can be fixed with elastics? Or if I were to have mor...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly upload an image of your teeth in closed position and lips wide open as much possible for assessing the current situation. As you have mentioned rest all of your complaints have been resolved but still there is 1 mm shift from the midline joining your nose a...  Read Full »

Will invisalign help in pushing my shifted teeth inside?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to have braces and lost my retainers a couple of months ago. My teeth got shifted and moved forward. I got new retainers made but my teeth have already shifted. Can I get an invisalign treatment only for a couple of months so my teeth can be pushed backward? And how much will t...  Read Full »

Dr. Akmal Abdelmalek

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relapse is not uncommon following orthodontic treatment (braces) even after years that is why it is recommended to have spare retainers, permanent ones or if you are using removable retainers either a spare models kept at the orthodontist's office or the patient co...  Read Full »

Is it possible to correct misaligned teeth by wearing invisible aligners?

Query: Hi. I had braces when I was 20. It's been 4 years since i removed the braces. The problems with my teeth now are 1. I didn't worn my retainers for six months(I've used it only for a month) My bad! 2. During my treatment my dentist puts the elastic band in one side of my upper teeth for two month. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern. Relapse (misaligned and protruded teeth) can be corrected by wearing braces again. However, invisible aligners are ideal for minor corrections only. Since your previous retainers fit you now, the relapse should be minor and can be corrected by wearing invisible ali...  Read Full »

As two teeth are already missing in my lower jaw, should I get upper teeth out to get dental braces?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two missing teeth in the left and right side of my lower jaw so I have now 16 teeth upper jaw because I have the wisdom there as well and 12 teeth in lower jaw no wisdom. Can I get the invaslign or just braces will be good and do I have to extract teeth from my upper jaw?  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have two lower second premolars extracted with no third molars in the lower jaw. Little bit crowding is seen in both upper lateral incisors that might be the re...  Read Full »

Is TMJ problem normal with Invisalign retainers?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have had an adverse reaction to Invisalign retainers over the past few years. I think they have caused me jaw issues (chronic facial tension radiating to all areas in my face and associated with droopy eyelids and jaw clicking and aberrant jaw positions, etc., and I can move...  Read Full »

Dr. Wajid Hassan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you are rarely caused by Invisalign, it may cause TMJ (temporomandibular joint) problems in some people but for a shorter duration as it is not permanent. Actually allergy means that you have redness in the area and if you wear for some time...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treat gaps in the bottom row of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and very self-conscious about my teeth. I understand that I have an overbite, which cannot be corrected unless I have jaw surgery. I had braces as a teenager, but they were taken off early, and now my teeth are shifting. I have a gap on the bottom row of teeth and some c...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, attached file (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can understand your concern regarding dental health. The gap which is present in your lower left side is very small and can be closed by wearing fixed retainer for 6 to 12 m...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treatment turn your teeth yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on tray five of my Invisalign. Everything has been good so far. But, yesterday, the teeth in the bottom of my mouth started to turn brown. I am worried that something is wrong. I clean my teeth three times a day after every meal. I also clean the aligners. I will attach goo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are nothing but stains and calculus. A layer of a chalk-like substance formed over the teeth surfaces especially on the back side of your lower teet...  Read Full »