Invisalign

Do I have tooth movement while clenching during Invisalign treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using Invisalign. I clench my jaw a lot and put pressure on my tooth. Sometimes, I can feel my tooth movement. I think that I am going to lose my tooth. Is this bad to do? Kindly suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clenching of tooth is not an uncommon habit and 75 percent of world population do it. I am glad to hear that you are aware of clenching your tooth. There are some best non-pharmacological ways to manage it. Do not clench hard as it deteriorates your jaw joints in a ...  Read Full »

Are the upper teeth supposed to flare out or be straight?

Query: Hi doctor,I got a 3D model of my teeth for the proposed treatment plan with clear aligners. I use braces and I need minor changes. In the finished model, my front teeth seem to be flared out at an angle. But now they are straight up and down. The orthodontist told me that they are supposed to be fla...  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Yermal

Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Anterior teeth look flared up in the model and there is increased inclination. If you have a doubt, then it is better to inform a word to your orthodontist. If the patient is not sa...  Read Full »

Will misaligned jaw affect posture and veneering?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently had my veneers done. My teeth are very short and lean inward with extensive wear from protrusive grinding. I also had a very tight contact between front teeth with zero overjet. The veneers came out much longer than my own teeth. I feel discomfort and feel that my lower jaw i...  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Yermal

Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can notice mild retroclination or inward inclination of maxillary or upper anteriors. So, ideally, before going for any prosthesis, one should achieve ideal occ...  Read Full »

Please give your opinion on my teeth alignment.

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my crossbite image. I would like to know about the treatment or brace that is suitable for me. What is your opinion about alignment? Can Invisible alignment treatment correct my problem? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have one upper anterior tooth in crossbite with the lower anterior tooth (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There seems to be sufficient space to bring the tooth in line with the other teeth. To do so, we must disocclude or raise your bite. This will al...  Read Full »

Which is better to correct space between teeth, Invisalign or retainer?

Query: Hi doctor, I got braces off five years ago and hardly wore my retainer. I have a permanent retainer on two of my front teeth. Now, I have horrible overjet, spacing between canines and two front teeth and crowding on the bottom. Will I need braces? Or can I get Invisalign or even a better retainer? T...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to have been a significant relapse of orthodontic treatment in the post treatment phase, which is not possible to solve though retainers alone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Retainers are passive and cannot provide much of tooth movement by ...  Read Full »

Will invisalign help in pushing my shifted teeth inside?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to have braces and lost my retainers a couple of months ago. My teeth got shifted and moved forward. I got new retainers made but my teeth have already shifted. Can I get an invisalign treatment only for a couple of months so my teeth can be pushed backward? And how much will t...  Read Full »

Dr. Akmal Abdelmalek

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relapse is not uncommon following orthodontic treatment (braces) even after years that is why it is recommended to have spare retainers, permanent ones or if you are using removable retainers either a spare models kept at the orthodontist's office or the patient co...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treat gaps in the bottom row of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and very self-conscious about my teeth. I understand that I have an overbite, which cannot be corrected unless I have jaw surgery. I had braces as a teenager, but they were taken off early, and now my teeth are shifting. I have a gap on the bottom row of teeth and some c...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, attached file (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can understand your concern regarding dental health. The gap which is present in your lower left side is very small and can be closed by wearing fixed retainer for 6 to 12 m...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treatment turn your teeth yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on tray five of my Invisalign. Everything has been good so far. But, yesterday, the teeth in the bottom of my mouth started to turn brown. I am worried that something is wrong. I clean my teeth three times a day after every meal. I also clean the aligners. I will attach goo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are nothing but stains and calculus. A layer of a chalk-like substance formed over the teeth surfaces especially on the back side of your lower teet...  Read Full »

Can I wear a cracked Invisalign retainer or should I look for an immediate replacement?

Query: Hi doctor, My Invisalign retainer cracked pretty substantially on the seventh day after wearing it. Is it best to keep wearing it or can I switch to next weeks tray now?  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should always clean off the last set of aligners and keep them somewhere safe when you move on to your next set. These can be used to maintain your progress if you break or lose your current set. If the crack has not split the tray, and if the tray is holding togeth...  Read Full »

Can I have Invisalign or other option instead of normal dental brace to correct my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have a baby tooth. My mother also had a baby tooth when she was 19 years old. My doctor advises me to remove the baby tooth. I am not willing to have braces. Is there any option for me to have Invisalign or braces that cannot be seen or do I need to use regular brace...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dentistry has a lot of development over these years, and there are a lot of options available. First of all, to get your braces, you need to extract your baby tooth. Apart from metallic braces, there are other types of braces also. For example, ceramic braces, it is a t...  Read Full »