Invisalign

Which is better to correct space between teeth, Invisalign or retainer?

Query: Hi doctor, I got braces off five years ago and hardly wore my retainer. I have a permanent retainer on two of my front teeth. Now, I have horrible overjet, spacing between canines and two front teeth and crowding on the bottom. Will I need braces? Or can I get Invisalign or even a better retainer? T...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to have been a significant relapse of orthodontic treatment in the post treatment phase, which is not possible to solve though retainers alone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Retainers are passive and cannot provide much of tooth movement by ...  Read Full »

Is it wise to undergo interproximal reduction to help my midline shift?

Query: Hi doctor, I am undergoing invisalign treatment. My teeth have straightened out, bite is correct and the midlines of my top and bottom arches are aligned. However, both arches are about 1mm off from the midline of my face. Is this something that can be fixed with elastics? Or if I were to have mor...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly upload an image of your teeth in closed position and lips wide open as much possible for assessing the current situation. As you have mentioned rest all of your complaints have been resolved but still there is 1 mm shift from the midline joining your nose a...  Read Full »

Will invisalign help in pushing my shifted teeth inside?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to have braces and lost my retainers a couple of months ago. My teeth got shifted and moved forward. I got new retainers made but my teeth have already shifted. Can I get an invisalign treatment only for a couple of months so my teeth can be pushed backward? And how much will t...  Read Full »

Dr. Akmal Abdelmalek

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relapse is not uncommon following orthodontic treatment (braces) even after years that is why it is recommended to have spare retainers, permanent ones or if you are using removable retainers either a spare models kept at the orthodontist's office or the patient co...  Read Full »

Is it possible to correct misaligned teeth by wearing invisible aligners?

Query: Hi. I had braces when I was 20. It's been 4 years since i removed the braces. The problems with my teeth now are 1. I didn't worn my retainers for six months(I've used it only for a month) My bad! 2. During my treatment my dentist puts the elastic band in one side of my upper teeth for two month. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern. Relapse (misaligned and protruded teeth) can be corrected by wearing braces again. However, invisible aligners are ideal for minor corrections only. Since your previous retainers fit you now, the relapse should be minor and can be corrected by wearing invisible ali...  Read Full »

As two teeth are already missing in my lower jaw, should I get upper teeth out to get dental braces?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two missing teeth in the left and right side of my lower jaw so I have now 16 teeth upper jaw because I have the wisdom there as well and 12 teeth in lower jaw no wisdom. Can I get the invaslign or just braces will be good and do I have to extract teeth from my upper jaw?  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have two lower second premolars extracted with no third molars in the lower jaw. Little bit crowding is seen in both upper lateral incisors that might be the re...  Read Full »

Is TMJ problem normal with Invisalign retainers?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have had an adverse reaction to Invisalign retainers over the past few years. I think they have caused me jaw issues (chronic facial tension radiating to all areas in my face and associated with droopy eyelids and jaw clicking and aberrant jaw positions, etc., and I can move...  Read Full »

Dr. Wajid Hassan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you are rarely caused by Invisalign, it may cause TMJ (temporomandibular joint) problems in some people but for a shorter duration as it is not permanent. Actually allergy means that you have redness in the area and if you wear for some time...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treat gaps in the bottom row of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and very self-conscious about my teeth. I understand that I have an overbite, which cannot be corrected unless I have jaw surgery. I had braces as a teenager, but they were taken off early, and now my teeth are shifting. I have a gap on the bottom row of teeth and some c...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, attached file (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can understand your concern regarding dental health. The gap which is present in your lower left side is very small and can be closed by wearing fixed retainer for 6 to 12 m...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treatment turn your teeth yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on tray five of my Invisalign. Everything has been good so far. But, yesterday, the teeth in the bottom of my mouth started to turn brown. I am worried that something is wrong. I clean my teeth three times a day after every meal. I also clean the aligners. I will attach goo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are nothing but stains and calculus. A layer of a chalk-like substance formed over the teeth surfaces especially on the back side of your lower teet...  Read Full »

Can I wear a cracked Invisalign retainer or should I look for an immediate replacement?

Query: Hi doctor, My Invisalign retainer cracked pretty substantially on the seventh day after wearing it. Is it best to keep wearing it or can I switch to next weeks tray now?  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should always clean off the last set of aligners and keep them somewhere safe when you move on to your next set. These can be used to maintain your progress if you break or lose your current set. If the crack has not split the tray, and if the tray is holding togeth...  Read Full »

Can I have Invisalign or other option instead of normal dental brace to correct my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have a baby tooth. My mother also had a baby tooth when she was 19 years old. My doctor advises me to remove the baby tooth. I am not willing to have braces. Is there any option for me to have Invisalign or braces that cannot be seen or do I need to use regular brace...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dentistry has a lot of development over these years, and there are a lot of options available. First of all, to get your braces, you need to extract your baby tooth. Apart from metallic braces, there are other types of braces also. For example, ceramic braces, it is a t...  Read Full »