Invisalign

Can Invisalign treat gaps in the bottom row of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and very self-conscious about my teeth. I understand that I have an overbite, which cannot be corrected unless I have jaw surgery. I had braces as a teenager, but they were taken off early, and now my teeth are shifting. I have a gap on the bottom row of teeth and some c...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, attached file (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can understand your concern regarding dental health. The gap which is present in your lower left side is very small and can be closed by wearing fixed retainer for 6 to 12 m...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treatment turn your teeth yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on tray five of my Invisalign. Everything has been good so far. But, yesterday, the teeth in the bottom of my mouth started to turn brown. I am worried that something is wrong. I clean my teeth three times a day after every meal. I also clean the aligners. I will attach goo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are nothing but stains and calculus. A layer of a chalk-like substance formed over the teeth surfaces especially on the back side of your lower teet...  Read Full »

Can I wear a cracked Invisalign retainer or should I look for an immediate replacement?

Query: Hi doctor, My Invisalign retainer cracked pretty substantially on the seventh day after wearing it. Is it best to keep wearing it or can I switch to next weeks tray now?  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should always clean off the last set of aligners and keep them somewhere safe when you move on to your next set. These can be used to maintain your progress if you break or lose your current set. If the crack has not split the tray, and if the tray is holding togeth...  Read Full »

Can I have Invisalign or other option instead of normal dental brace to correct my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have a baby tooth. My mother also had a baby tooth when she was 19 years old. My doctor advises me to remove the baby tooth. I am not willing to have braces. Is there any option for me to have Invisalign or braces that cannot be seen or do I need to use regular brace...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dentistry has a lot of development over these years, and there are a lot of options available. First of all, to get your braces, you need to extract your baby tooth. Apart from metallic braces, there are other types of braces also. For example, ceramic braces, it is a t...  Read Full »

I have large buck teeth and triangular gap between rows. Do I need braces?

Query: Hello doctor, So, I have an overbite and I would probably say it is pretty bad. My teeth are not that bad, but I do have large buck teeth. My two front teeth are angled on the outsides and that creates a triangle shape gap in between my top and bottom teeth. I was wondering with the information p...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. You have mentioned that your front teeth are protruded, large and that creates a space with the lower teeth. With these, I am pretty much sure that you might need braces (fixed orthodontic therapy). But a pr...  Read Full »

After Invisalign treatment, should I have to wear retainers 12 hours a day?

Query: Hi doctor, I finished my Invisalign treatment and received retainers that look like Invisalign trays. But it is thicker. I am wearing them for the second day. I am wearing it for about 12 hours a day. But I am noticing pain on my teeth now, and they are tight on my teeth. Should I have to wear them...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concern. Retainers are a passive appliance, and they do not generate any force. If you feel a pain on the mucous membrane (oral tissue or gums), it can be ill-fitted. If there is a pain on the teeth, then it can ...  Read Full »

How to correct my crowded teeth without extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got all the four wisdom teeth taken out. But my bottom jaw of teeth is still crowded. I have also read somewhere that drilling out teeth as the answer is a mutilating act against your body, even wisdom teeth. So I would like to know what you think about getting my teeth less cr...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is still crowding after wisdom teeth extraction you need to get braces by an orthodontist. I need to see a picture of your inside mouth to suggest a treatment plan. Sometimes, the orthodontist may suggest extraction of premolar teeth just behind the canines...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my teeth alignment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my crossbite image. I would like to know about the treatment or brace that is suitable for me. What is your opinion about alignment? Can Invisible alignment treatment correct my problem? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have one upper anterior tooth in crossbite with the lower anterior tooth (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There seems to be sufficient space to bring the tooth in line with the other teeth. To do so, we must disocclude or raise your bite. This will al...  Read Full »

Should I get Invisalign or retainer to correct space between my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I got braces off five years ago and hardly wore my retainer. I have a permanent retainer on two of my front teeth. Now, I have horrible overjet, spacing between canines and two front teeth and crowding on the bottom. Will I need braces? Or can I get Invisalign or even a better retainer? T...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to have been a significant relapse of orthodontic treatment in the post treatment phase, which is not possible to solve though retainers alone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Retainers are passive and cannot provide much of tooth movement by ...  Read Full »