Q. I am scared to sleep whenever I hear about some accident. Why?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Published on Jun 15, 2019

It has been around four years that I am always scared to sleep. It usually happens if there is an accident I am scared that it will happen to me too, and I would not sleep for about a week. I am so scared of earthquakes, and many nights, I will not sleep thinking that our building will fall.

If there is any news like killing people, I will lock all the doors and windows thinking that I will be killed too. And another thing is supposed I eat at 1 pm for the next two hours I will be full and suddenly I feel so hungry, and in a minute I started feeling so weak and start to shiver. This happens whenever I am feeling hungry.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

Your symptoms are suggestive of an anxiety disorder, which is making you excessively worried about things happening around you. It can be tiring and emotionally exhausting to experience high levels of anxiety all the time. Try relaxation exercises to help manage stress and related anxiety levels. Deep breathing techniques and progressive muscle relaxation exercises will be beneficial. If possible, try yoga as well, and counseling or talking therapy will be helpful. If symptoms are severe and persistent, you will benefit by consulting a psychiatrist for a full assessment and consider medication options as well.

| 

My anxiety disorder relapsed after I drank beer. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days ...  Read Full »

Will 5-HTPn help to increase serotonin level? Suffering from sleeping problem, depression and anxieties.

Query: Dear Doctor, I have a problem of sleeping at a scheduled time. I always sleep in a different time and it is getting delayed every day, like a cycle. For example: If today I sleep at 9:00 pm, in few days I will be sleeping at 10:00 pm. And in a few weeks, I would sleep at 4:00 AM. I also have depress...  Read Full »

Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning. Is it safe to take one more tablet?  Read Full »