Q. I am scared to sleep whenever I hear about some accident. Why?

Answered by Dr. Suresh Kumar G D and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Inability To Sleep or Anxiety Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

It has been around four years that I am always scared to sleep. It usually happens if there is an accident I am scared that it will happen to me too, and I would not sleep for about a week. I am so scared of earthquakes, and many nights, I will not sleep thinking that our building will fall.

If there is any news like killing people, I will lock all the doors and windows thinking that I will be killed too. And another thing is supposed I eat at 1 pm for the next two hours I will be full and suddenly I feel so hungry, and in a minute I started feeling so weak and start to shiver. This happens whenever I am feeling hungry.