Q. Is it normal for a child to have bowel movement every time they pass urine?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

My daughter of 10 years passes stool every time she urinates. This is happening the last two days. She is somewhat plumpy, otherwise healthy. Currently, she has a cold and cough but, not taking medication. Last week, she took Metacef for a chest congestion.

#

Bowel and bladder dysfunction are quite common during illness. There is nothing much to fear.

Did she have any antibiotic in the recent past? Does she complain of any abdominal pain? Could you specify whether the stool consistency was watery or solid?

I suggest tablet Lee biotic (probiotic) once daily for seven days.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Yes, she had antibiotic Metacef 100 mg twice a day for five days a week back. She does complain sometimes of abdominal pain. But then, it goes away in an hour or so. Stools are sometimes light and sometimes good mass but not loose.

#

I suggest taking tablet Metrogyl (Metronidazole) 200 mg twice daily. And along with that, tablet Lee biotic once daily for five days.

Also, syrup Meftal (Mefenamic acid) for abdominal pain. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

|