Q. I have chronic nasal congestion, and my lymphocyte count is high. Will you Suggest any solutions?

Hello doctor,

I am 20 year old male. From the past three weeks, I have nasal congestion, which is not getting cured. I was also suffering from nausea and increased bowel movements. The nausea is cured, but I feel sick from inside. Is there anything serious? In my CBC reports, the neutrophils are 44 %, lymphocytes are 51 %, and platelets are 1.70 lacs.

#

You have not mentioned the medication that you are taking.

According to your CBC report, you have high lymphocytes count. It is suggestive of a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. I suggest you do the following investigations.

1. Rhinoscopy nose examination.
  2. PNS (paranasal sinuses) x-ray.
  3. Throat swab and send it for influenza testing by PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and for culture.
  4. Auscultation, if suspicious, then chest x-ray can be done.

Meanwhile, I suggest the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

1. Decongestants like Phenylephrine for a symptomatic relief.
  2. Take rest and drink more water.
  3. Steam inhalation three times a day.
  4. Avoid excess spicy foods.
  5. Take vitamin C lozenges four times a day for five days.

If there is no improvement, and if influenza is positive, then your doctor will give you Oseltamivir like anti-influenza medication. Consult an ENT specialist for examination.

Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|