Q. I have chronic nasal congestion, and my lymphocyte count is high. Will you Suggest any solutions?

Answered by
Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 09, 2023

Hello doctor,

I am a 20-year-old male. I have had nasal congestion for the past three weeks, which is not getting cured. I was also suffering from nausea and increased bowel movements. The nausea is cured, but I feel sick inside. Is it anything serious? In my CBC reports, the neutrophils are 44 %, lymphocytes are 51 %, and platelets are 1.70 lacs. In addition, I feel weakness and blackness coming in front of my eyes, loss of appetite, and muscle aches. Two months back, my liver was swollen, but it was cured within a short time.



Welcome to

You have not mentioned the medication that you are taking.

According to your CBC report, you have high lymphocytes count. It is suggestive of a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. Therefore, I suggest you do the following investigations.

  1. Rhinoscopy nose examination.
  2. PNS (paranasal sinuses) x-ray.
  3. Throat the swab and send it for influenza testing by PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and culture.
  4. Auscultation, if suspicious, then chest x-ray can be done.

Meanwhile, I suggest the following. First, consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and start taking the medicines after their consent.

  1. Decongestants like Phenylephrine for symptomatic relief.
  2. Take rest and drink more water.
  3. Steam inhalation three times a day.
  4. Avoid excess spicy foods.
  5. Take vitamin C tablets four times a day for five days.

If there is no improvement, and if influenza is positive, your doctor will give you Oseltamivir-like anti-influenza medication. Consult an ENT specialist for an examination.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Kindly advise whether my report is all right after bariatric surgery.

I suggest repeating a CBC (complete blood count) after two to three weeks ... I did analyze your blood report (attachment removed to pr...   Read full

I have chronic nasal congestion, and my lymphocyte count is high. Will you Suggest any solutions?

Steam inhalation three times a day ...   Read full

What could cause recurrent fever and body pain in a 13 year old?

His white blood cell count is normal and lymphocytes are mildly increased ... He has a persisent high lymphocyte count till date ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Impact of COVID-19 on Female Sexual Health
Women have been affected and still face the consequences of Coronavirus on their sexual health. Read more about the impa...  Read more»
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Pregnancy
Carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy occurs when a nerve supplying the hand is compressed at the forearm level due to the...  Read more»
Breaking the Link-Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Bacterial Overgrowth
A surplus of bacteria in the intestine causes irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Read the article below to know more about ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Hematologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.