Q. Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar S and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Gastrointestinal Abnormality or Diarrhea? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hi doctor,

I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to meet my gastroenterologist in a few weeks. Two years ago, I had a similar problem and pain. I had a colonoscopy at that time and that revealed nothing. Could this be due to colon cancer? My pelvic CT with contrast revealed fibroids and small ovarian cyst. My abdominal ultrasound was negative. All my laboratory tests are normal except vitamin D, which is quite low.