Q. Do fluctuations in heartbeat denote heart disease?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My heartbeat keeps fluctuating. Sometimes, it will be 85 bpm and the other time 60, 57 or 58 bpm. Does it indicate any heart disease?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• No, fluctuations in a heartbeat do not denote any heart disease. In fact, it indicates that your heart is normal.
  • Heartbeat should increase during awake, with activities and exercise. And, it should decrease with rest and sleep.
  • However, you measures the pulse during rest and ask someone to do it during your sleep.
  • The only concern is that it should not be too low. Here, the readings you mentioned are fine. Just to be on a safer side monitor your lowest pulse rate.
  • I guess you do not have any symptoms like dizziness, fainting, palpitations, etc. In all probabilities, there is no abnormality in you and no need to worry.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|