Q. I have been facing excessive sleeping. Why?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 27, 2019

I am 22 years old. I have been facing excessive sleeping for the last two weeks. Even after having a sound sleep for 6 to 8 hours at night I find it difficult to wake up. I feel sleepy all day long. If I think of taking a nap in the afternoon, then it again lasts for 3 to 4 hours and again I cannot wake up. My height is 5'3" and weight is 58 kg.

#

With the symptoms I feel sorry for your health condition. It is bothersome for sure.

• The causes may be depression or anxiety, thyroid disease, lack of motivation or aim ahead in life and sleep apnea syndrome.
  • Sleep apnea syndrome is that no matter how long you sleep at night, sleepiness will remain there if that was not a good quality sleep.
  • Narcolepsy is also one of the causes for issues, especially daytime sleepiness.
  • You need to consult your local physician to get yourself thoroughly tested for possible causes. Your weight is pretty good in the normal range for age and height.
  • Tests will comprise of the possible causes as aforementioned. Once diagnosed, then you will get proper management accordingly.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|