Indigestion

Why do I have milky taste in my mouth always?

Query: Hello, I am having an odd milky after-taste in my mouth for a couple of days now. And it does not seem to go away whatever I do. Please give any suggestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like you are having an indigestion, and the motility of your gut has gone down. This usually happens after eating some high fat diet like meat, cheesy food, and etc on the previous day. I advise you to take citrus fruit juice like lemon juice, orange juice.  Av...  Read Full »

I have stomach spasms and indigestion issues. Is this IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 16 years old with 5'7" height and weigh around 133 pounds. About two weeks ago, I was sitting in class, and I started having these excruciating stomach spasms. It was not an out of the blue thing because I had been having issues concerning my abdomen for about three months before t...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has a familial association, and it usually causes pain in the left side of the abdomen and sometimes in the epigastrium with dyspeptic symptoms. The diagnosis of IBS does not doubt in your case. The blood glucose of 111 is average. W...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

Why is the left side of stomach pulsating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female who is generally in good health. Yesterday, I went to dinner, ate a lot, felt very full after and felt I had strong gas. But, I was not in pain, just felt very full. What freaked me out was this pulsating feeling on the left side of my stomach above my belly bu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Burping was never and will never be a sign of pregnancy. It generally is due to the intake of food which does not get digested properly and results in belching. It is temporary and should settle in 36 to 48 hours. In case it is bothering you, ...  Read Full »

Should I seek medical help for the side effects of probiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, I had probiotics for two days as I was having issues with constipation and it helped me. Later, I got side effects of nausea, headache, cold and hot sweats, sleepiness, loss of appetite and going to the bathroom more often for the past three days. I discontinued probiotics. Should I seek ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a precise history. I want you to understand that the probiotics are a different type of good bacteria that takes over your gut flora and start settling in your intestines and take over the existing flora in the gut. Initially, starting...  Read Full »

What are the causes of body pain and dry skin, other than thyroid?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I had headache and head numbness for few days. I consulted a doctor and got a thyroid test done. That time my TSH was 3.7 and he prescribed me Thyronorm 25 mcg. He told me to discontinue it when my TSH level comes back to 1.5. Now, for around 11 months I am having body ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms fit into thyroid disease but your thyroid report is absolutely fine. A normal thyroid report rules out thyroid disease, unless you are presently on Thyronorm. So, we need to find other cause for your symptoms. Body pain and numbness could be due to nerve ...  Read Full »

I feel like having water in my chest, and neck which goes down to the stomach. What can this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like I have water in my chest,and neck which goes down to the stomach, underarms. The precise explanation is like a sweat inside my body that travels in those areas (chest, stomach, underarms, and abdominal wall). What can this be?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, this does not appear to be a life-threatening or severe issue. Most probable diagnosis goes with your explanation is of dyspepsia (indigestion) or gaseous issues. Does your upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, and burping increase while taking food? Do yo...  Read Full »

I have doubts regarding indigestion, hair fall, acne and irregular menstrual cycle. Are they interrelated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have doubts regarding indigestion, severe hair fall, acne with irregular and short menstrual cycles, which is lasting from a few days. Are these interrelated? I am suffering from PCOS, as the latest lower abdomen test shows a cyst in the lower ovary. Also, my menstrual cycles are ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelekshmi.mg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I came to know from your complaints that you have PCOS with hair fall, indigestion, and reduced menstrual flow. Yes, your doubt is right, it is all related. As per Ayurveda PCOS is caused by eating excessive sweet, fatty foods which increase kapha (mucus) in the body...  Read Full »

Please help me to manage GERD.

Query: Hello doctor, I have GERD. Wake up with GERD, have it all day long. I have take HCL with Pectin. My GERD gets worse, burning is bad. I am trying Melatonin 3 mg nightly, no result. My doctor wants me on Prilosec and I refused. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. GERD is a condition in which undigested foods mixed with stomach juices reflects to esophagus and produces a burning sensation in esophagus and mouth. Indigestion and acidity is the main cause of this condition. GERD can be managed naturally through changes in food habi...  Read Full »

Why do I have loose motions after eating watermelon?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday during lunch, I ate drumstick leaves curry. Whenever I eat that, in an hour or two, I go to the toilet (little loose stools) two times. Is this normal? Yesterday I had the same, further after about 5 hours, I ate grapes. After an hour, I had to go to the toilet often (loose ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have allergy to some food products. You should do an allergy sensitivity test for food products and fruits. This test will tell you which food and fruits you are allergic to and you should avoid having those foods. What is your age? Did you have any fever...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.