Q. I used water bottle of a person who was diagnosed with Mono. Am I at risk?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Infectious Mononucleosis or Copd? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have PBC stage 4, Gave, COPD, Hashimoto's, etc. I have been around someone who was just diagnosed with mono. I have used her water bottle. Should I be worried and, if so, what symptom could I develop? Do I have to stay away from this person now? I am currently under Urso 300 mg six per day.