Q. Is my ANA titer high due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis?

Dr. Sayan Mukherjee

Hi there. I’m currently going through the whole diagnosis process of an autoimmune disease. I have positive ANA titer of 1:5120 with a homogenous pattern. We narrowed down most of my issues to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, however I tested positive for a Centromere B Antibody, I was wondering what that means and if it should be something I should worry about.

I’ve had an autoimmune reaction for a year now. Symptoms include: fatigue, joint and muscle pain, fever spikes (never above 100), 40 lb weight gain in 5 months, trouble losing weight, swelling, random rashes, heart palpitations, brain fog, migraines, stomach aches, etc.

# such a high tire ANA with centromere positive and musculoskeletal and systemic complaints usually associated with sjogrens, MCTD regarding you age of 19 which is less likely. but you have overlapping feature with other autoimmune disease. so I think currently your disease in a stage of undifferentiated CTD ( connective tissue disease) it will flourish in next few years to a specific category or may be Autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome. full check up needed with good rheumatologist and immunologist. start therapy with steroid low dose and immune suppressive agent after consulting rheumatologist. screening for other disease and full blot panel in next year needed. monitoring of disease activity is far more essential. for further query consult me.

|