Q. I have thick and foul-smelling vaginal discharge. What to do?

I am 23 years old, and my husband is 30 years old, and I have PCOS from the past 11 years. We are married for a year and a half. My periods are irregular, and sometimes I do not get periods for 8 to 9 months. I used to get periods after taking Meprate. With Clomifene, I got two cycles regularly. After the last periods, I started having heavy vaginal discharge, which was solid, thick, creamy, and had a foul smell. My husband gets irritated because of this discharge. It has been three months since I got my periods, and my pregnancy test was also negative. So, my doctor advised me to take Meprate. Today is the second day of taking Meprate. I am really concerned about the vaginal discharge. I am eagerly waiting to get pregnant. Thanks in advance.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As you have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), you should plan the treatment first and then plan a pregnancy.
  • This involves weight reduction, oral contraceptive pills for three months, the ones with Cyproterone acetate to reduce testosterone levels and also most importantly Myo-Inositol supplementation 1000 mg per day. This shall first regulate your cycles and convert anovulatory to ovulatory cycles, and then you can plan for pregnancy.
  • The discharge is a fungal infection or mixed vaginosis, which can be treated with Clingen (Clindamycin and Clotrimazole) vaginal pessaries usage for a week. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »