Q. What is the role of ringer's lactate solution in self insemination kit?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I was diagnosed with ED after a penile Doppler study and observed with low blood flow. We both have been checked and confirmed with no issues with HSG (tube test, semen analysis, etc.). As we want to have a baby, and all the reports are normal, (only problem is ED, not able to perform intercourse), the doctor has suggested self-insemination at home. He has given a catheter, a container for collecting sperm and syringes to perform the self insemination. He suggested to add equivalent amount of ringer lactate solution with the sperm collected in the container. Then, take the mixture in a syringe and flow into the vagina through a catheter. We just want to have a second opinion to know whether it works out and mainly want to know why we need to add ringer lactate solution along with the sperm. What is the importance of adding ringer lactate? Is it mandatory to add this solution or can we do without the solution? Your inputs will help us to know the process in a better way.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

Ringer lactate is not mandatory. Sometimes, it helps with the sperm speed, but you can do without it.

Your erection problem may be due to stress or anxiety or due to any medicine or nutritional supplement if you are taking any.

Penile Doppler often gives erroneous results. Usually, it is not performed properly with visual erotica.

You need to do blood tests:

1. Postprandial blood sugar.
  2. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).
  3. Prolactin.
  4. Testosterone.

Depending on the reports, the treatment is decided.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

| 

Thank you doctor.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

You are most welcome.

For further queries consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|