Injury To Cornea

Does getting hair conditioner into eyes cause any harm?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a hair conditioner in the eye. I rinsed it with water. My eyes do not feel right, it feels dry and tired. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it happening for the first time? Do you have same history in the past? Are your eyes red or painful? Please answer these questions so that I can prescribe you drops as early as possible and you will feel better.  Read Full »

Why do my eyes look dilated after using lens for 12 hours?

Query: Hi doctor, I used contact lens for more than 12 hours and also applied eye drops twice. During that time, my left eye had slight pain. But, I ignored it. Next morning, left eye looks dilated and off center. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description you have given, it looks like you have contact lens induced keratitis. This means in simple language, that due to abuse of contact lens, your cornea has been injured. This could be serious. I suggest you that immediately remove your l...  Read Full »

Are Halloween colored contact lenses safe?

Query: Hello doctor,Are Halloween colored contact lenses safe? Do people who need prescribed contact lenses be using them?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ophthalmologists do not recommend colored contact lenses. However, they may be used occasionally for not more than a few hours. The reason is that compared to regular glasses, most colored lenses have a lesser tendency to allow oxygen to pass through to the corneas, ...  Read Full »

After an eye injury, what are the reasons for developing a red spot?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband's eye got hurt with my finger accidentally. Now his eye hurts and can barely open. There is a red spot on the white area of his eye. What do we do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your finger might have hit the eyeball blood vessels. These vessels can bleed due to trauma and can cause a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding behind the conjunctiva thereby causing a red eye). This does not cause any major problems and resolves on its own in a week. Ot...  Read Full »

I have pain in the whole eyeball and I have blurry vision. How can this be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, About 45 days ago, I received a trauma to my right eye in a street fight, after which a large part of the cornea became blood red. After three weeks, the redness went away and the eye started looking normal, but I am still having a lot of discomforts. I am listing all the symptoms belo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to the prescription, the vision in the right eye after wearing glasses is 6/6. So, kindly wear your glasses permanently. The drops that have been given to you especially the Milf...  Read Full »

My son got a cornea injury. Will his vision be alright?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 6 years old, got an injury in the right cornea by a sharp pencil. The cornea was repaired with six stitches. After 18 days, cataract surgery was done. The next day morning after removing the patch, he saw clearly in open eye. But, from today, he could not see through his ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did he get any surgery for cornea, except sutures? Immediately after cataract surgery, it may be possible to see clearly. But, usually it takes around six weeks to regain vision. Keep using the drops. Do not worry. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmo...  Read Full »

Got injured eyes and stitches done. Will I be able to open my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with an accident and glass went inside my eyes. I got stitches inside the eye and on my eyelashes. I am not still able to open my eye after five days. My vision is clear. X-ray and CT scan reports are also normal. After how many days will I be able to open my eye?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have undergone suturing inside your eye, which means that you had a corneal or conjunctival injury. Your treating ophthalmologist will remove the sutures when adequate healing has taken place. As long as the sutures are there you will ha...  Read Full »