Q. I have a white circle at the site of spider bite. Please help.

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat
This is a premium question & answer published on May 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2022

I got bitten by what I am thinking a spider a week back. I figured since it seemed to have a little white and liquid coming out. So, I squeezed it. It has been four days and the bite is painful. Now I have a white circle where it once was just red and oozing. I have tried Cortisone but I do not see it getting better.

#

It got infected now with necrotic material inside. Cortisone is not helpful, it may worsen the infection. You need antibiotics, I would say topical antibiotics if necrotic material and redness is not there. But now you need oral antibiotics. Consult your doctor. He may prescribe you Augmentin or Doxycycline or other antibiotics for a couple of days. Redness is there, it is a sign of spread.

|