Insect Bite

I have raised red rashes in my legs and arms. How to get it cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I have red raised rashes in my legs and arms. I used Hydrocortisone cream, but there are no changes in it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. In my opinion, there is two to three differential diagnosis of your clinical presentation, and Hydrocortisone alone is not enough. It could be. 1. Insect bite reaction. 2. Follicular eczema. 3. Contact eczema. Please follow these in...  Read Full »

Why do I always get bitten by mosquitoes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am always bitten by mosquitoes. I am the only person who is bitten here in our house. The insect bite remains red for days, then will eventually turn dark. I want to ask is there something in my blood? And what remedies can I use to lighten my scars?  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To understand why mosquitoes do bite you always, you should know what attracts them to get you bitten: 1. CO2 production as per metabolic rate because mosquitoes are attracted by it. 2. Obese, overweight people with low metabolic rate. 3. Wearing dark clothes. 4....  Read Full »

Why is there a bluish-red rash on the side of the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding my friend's infection condition. He went to sleepover at a friend's place and the next day had a bluish-red rash on right side of the neck. It was very painful. He consulted a doctor who injected him for fungal infection. But the next day the rash was bigger and promine...  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photographs also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand your concern. As per details, it seems that your friend has got a condition of the skin called paedrous dermatitis. It is also known as in...  Read Full »

I have bumps on my buttocks that itch. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have got bumps on my buttocks which are painless and itchy. No pus is present. They are hard, dry and usually itchy while sleeping. I am trying to avoid scratching it but the sensation of itching increases even more unless I strike my nails over it. There is no increase in the number...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your case details (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and would help you deal with the problem on the basis of my experience with similar cases in my clinic. Your problem is generally caused by a mite and is manageable. Please do not u...  Read Full »

My husband is having burning red blisters on the back side of the body and beside his nipple. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My husband is having some red blisters on the right back side of the body and beside his right nipple for three days. He is having a mild burning sensation when the cloth touches these blisters or rashes. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. I have two diagnoses in your case. 1. Insect bite reaction, and 2. herpes zoster. Insect bite reaction does not require any treatment, but you need to follow the treatment as early as possible. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss th...  Read Full »

What are the red itchy rashes on thighs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old, female. I am married and have 6 months old baby. I actually wanna discuss something with you. The thing is I have small red bumps with red background on my thighs and it is very itchy as well. Now it is on my lower abdomen, on the right side of my ribs area. In ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. This looks to me like papular urticaria, which a kind of reaction which is seen with small insect bites. 2. The classical description is central vesicle or crusting surrounded by redness which can be seen in your case. 3. You need to make measures to avoid insec...  Read Full »

I got two blisters on my toe after a bee stung me. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got stung by a bee yesterday morning on my toe. When I woke up this morning, I started feeling itches here and there in my body. I also got two blisters on the top of my toe where the bee had stung.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the conversation we had, I understand that you were bitten by a bee yesterday (insect bite) on your toe and today you have blisters, itching, and swelling. Based on the information you gave, I have suggested some measures as well as some medications. Please was...  Read Full »

I have growing itchy red dots due to bug bites. Should I visit a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bug bites that appeared as small red dots first and then turned into bigger, more normal bug bites within two days. I have washed my bed sheets twice and got more when I was away in another city for two nights. They are itchy, but there is no pus or anything. I have about a doz...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

Why do I get severe allergic reaction to insect bites?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting increasingly more severe reactions to insect bites. For 45 years, my body barely registered insect bites, until my hands were bitten a hundred times each by tiny sand mozzies and swelled to triple normal size with great discomfort. Now every bite from mozzie, fly, ant, et...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. Most insect bites are harmless, though they feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. But some of the insect-like bee, wasp or as you mentioned sand mozzies may hurt and cause burning, swelling, pain, etc. Some peoples become allergic to such insect poison. They also transmit s...  Read Full »

What are the itchy lumps and rashes on stomach and thigh?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days back, I found these red bumps on my thigh and they had appeared out of nowhere. They are definitely lumpy and itchy. I also found a patch on my stomach with the same lumps with a rash type look to the patch. Both are really itchy. I am wondering what this could be and if I sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. In my opinion, you are having an urticarial rash. It is a type of allergy which could be due to many factors. Some are following. Drugs like painkiller or antibiotics, dairy product, meat or chicken, insect bite, artificial, sweating or he...  Read Full »