I have uncontrollable, severe anger, and I try to hurt myself. Please help.

Q. How can a person control his severe anger and self-harming behavior?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 13, 2023 and last reviewed on: May 17, 2023

I have uncontrollable, severe anger and I try to hurt myself. I hate people around me. I can communicate with a small group of people who I know. But I am unable to stand in a crowd of strangers. Please help.

#

Thank you for your query,

You seem to have some social anxiety issues and an introvert personality. I need details and I suppose you usually find it difficult to say no to others, and express or rather displace your anger on people who are your own. To combat this anger you can use these management techniques.

1. Give yourself time out when angry.
  2. Try deep breathing exercises and also count from 100 to 1.

You can always connect with me. I would be happy to help after a proper assessment and we would move to the management of your problem.

Please follow up for further assistance.

I need your consultation for a week more.

#

Thank you for your query,

Yes, you can always consult with me, and also please respond to these inquiries below.

1. Do you experience your heartbeat getting faster, feeling of suffocation, chest tightness, and restlessness?
  2. Describe your family in depth, including the number of members, your siblings, the occupations of your parents and the time they spend with you.

Thank you for your reply,

1. Every time I am excited or stressed or when someone ignores me and also start to swing my feet or hands continuously.
  2. Our family consists of a mother, a father, and two siblings. My father is a short-tempered character. My parents do not allow me out with anyone and anywhere. They constantly question me whether I having affairs which generally means they do not trust me. My parents fight a lot because both of them have weird behaviors and there is never peace in our home. I always feel to leave home. I want to talk to someone but I do not trust anyone. Sometimes I feel to do suicide.
#

Thank you for your query,

I can see there are lots of problems in your family but believe me there is solution of every problem.

1. How often this excitement occurs?
  2. Once a week or three to five times a week?
  3. For how long are you feeling suicidal?
  4. Is this feeling a constant like once a day or once a week?
  5. Have you ever tried to harm yourself?
  6. How your studies are going on?

|