iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatryemotional instabilityI develop uncontrollable anger over small things. Why?

How to manage my emotion?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 31, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 16, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I do not know what is happening and I do not want to talk about it with anybody. I have a constant feeling of anger, and it feels like it is my baseline emotion. When I am not angry, I am just numb. I can still experience the joy and pleasure when it is out upon me or if I make an active effort to distract myself. I get unusual angry over little situations, and I cannot control it. I have an urge to hit walls or other objects when I am upset, and I have trouble coming down from these outbursts. It has been worsening over a span of four months now. I do not know how to control it or what is going on.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for sharing your problem with me. You are 17 years old. At this age because of hormonal changes and increased testosterone levels, aggressiveness, anger outburst and easy irritability appears. But if you feel it is uncontrollable, I will suggest you to visit a psychologist to learn anger management techniques. Try to make yourself busy with work and sport, transference your anger in some games like football, shooting, swimming amd basketball. It will help you to manage your emotions by yourself. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki
Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy