Q. How to manage my emotion?

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki
Published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I do not know what is happening and I do not want to talk about it with anybody. I have a constant feeling of anger, and it feels like it is my baseline emotion. When I am not angry, I am just numb. I can still experience the joy and pleasure when it is out upon me or if I make an active effort to distract myself. I get unusual angry over little situations, and I cannot control it. I have an urge to hit walls or other objects when I am upset, and I have trouble coming down from these outbursts. It has been worsening over a span of four months now. I do not know how to control it or what is going on.

#

Thank you for sharing your problem with me.

• You are 17 years old. At this age because of hormonal changes and increased testosterone levels, aggressiveness, anger outburst and easy irritability appears.
  • Try to make yourself busy with work and sport, transference your anger in some games like football, shooting, swimming amd basketball. It will help you to manage your emotions by yourself.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Are anger issues, fear of abandonment, suicidal or impulsive tendencies due to BPD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering if I have BPD as I do have all the symptoms (with anger issues, fear of abandonment, suicidal or impulsive tendencies, and idealization the most prominent) as well as have passed multiple credible psychological tests. I am currently not on any medication and no formal i...  Read Full »

My dad passed away. How to make sure my mom is happy?

Query: Hello doctor,My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.  Read Full »

Is the behavioral changes in my child due to antiepileptic drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3 years 9 months now. He has been diagnosed with benign childhood epilepsy. He is taking Clobazam 15 mg at night and Topiramate 100 mg per day for last four months. His seizures are under control and he attends LKG. The issue is that he is not able to concentrate in his studies...  Read Full »