Anger Management

Please suggest medicines for anxiety, depression, and anger, without any sexual side effects.

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking medicine for anxiety, depression, and anger from the last 8 to 10 years, but not continuously. Right now, I m taking Panazep 25, Bupron 150, and Dicorate 500 all at night. I had sexual problems from the past 40 days, so the doctor advised to take Sildenafil 50. Now I feel 5...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are taking too many antidepressants, like Panazep 25 (Paroxetine) and Bupron 150 (Buproprion). Panazep has the side effect of reduced libido and erectile dysfunction when taken over a longer period. Hence, the same is happening with you. Currently, t...  Read Full »

I consume a lot of alcohol and I want to overcome this. What should be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old married female. I have been suffering from anger and anxiety issues since last one year. I also did online counseling which benefitted me a lot. Now my anger and anxiety are under control. But during the time when my problem was at its peak, I developed a liking f...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and appreciate you for realizing the problem and being motivated to quit. Counseling will help you along with the following. Relaxation exercise. When the temptation is at peak, drink juice or water full stomach. Divert your mind to other act...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to lessen sudden mood swings and control anger.

Query: I'm 27 y/o, female and 82 kgs. I want to know if I am mentally ill. I get angry easily even to the tiniest things I find it annoying. I easily burst like a volcano. My hands tremble and having anxious of what should I think about things. There are times I feel that I know everything, do everything a...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq Based on the information you have provided, there is no evidence of any severe mental health disorder. You have mentioned that your uncle has schizophrenia. Your symptoms do not indicate schizophrenia. You appear to have some emotional problems but it does not mean tha...  Read Full »

I have epilepsy, anxiety, depression and recently diagnosed with schizophrenia. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have epilepsy from my childhood. I have anxiety, depression, and anger issues. Lately, I have been on Abilify, Divalproex, Lamotrigine, and Zoloft. I have been recently diagnosed with schizophrenia and do not know what to do about it, could you help me get on track?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already on an effective combination of medication to manage your underlying diagnoses. As you may know, you are on an antipsychotic ( Abilify), anticonvulsants (which are also mood stabilizers- Divalproex and Lamotrigine) and an antidepressant (Zoloft). Have ...  Read Full »

I feel very stressed, tired and getting angry on a minor issue. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,Generally, I feel very stressed and tired. Getting angry on a minor issue and wanted to live alone. Because of this stress and anxiety, I am not getting good results in the exams. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are preparing for a competitive exam for which you have anxiety. If I ask, can you guarantee the results of the exams for which you are preparing? Definitely no. But you can predict the good results, but it is not guaranteed because we expect a lot. Not only you,...  Read Full »

I lose my temper and my anger is getting increased daily. What is the way to control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor,I always try to control my anger since my childhood days, but for three years, I usually lose my temper and day by day, my anger is increasing like anything. I tried all methods to control my anger, but it does not work. Is there any treatment to control anger?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anger is an emotion. When anger rises, our animal instinct tries to protect our-self resulting in aggressive behavior. Aggressive behavior happens only when anger goes out of control. Getting angry is fine. But you should make sure that it does not cross the boundary...  Read Full »

I have uncontrollable anger. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have uncontrollable anger. I quickly get angry and throw things. When my anger reaches a point I start crying and I have an ache in my right head. Also, I feel weak. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are insightful about having anger issues and seeking help to address the same. How long have you been having problems with anger? Have you always had an angry temperament or is it something you developed in recent years? What do your par...  Read Full »

How can I control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor, I get angry easily and I become violent. Then I hit my wife due to no fault of hers.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not acceptable to be violent toward your spouse. Domestic violence is a crime. Many families break apart due to domestic violence. It is positive that you are insightful of your anger issues and want to seek help. Have you always been an angry person since childh...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to control anger and anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem controlling my anger and anxieties which leads to erratic, eruptive behavior. It is hard to let bad things go for me. My expectations from others are very high and that leads to making them feel bad for not doing enough.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you please provide more details about the problem? Do you think that the anger issues are persistent since years or are these issues occurring in episodes? Like you become irritable and have anger outbursts for a few weeks and then you are totally alright? The...  Read Full »

How to overcome the situation which makes me angry and impulsive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 and struggling with anger issues and impulsive behavior which I am unable to stop. I seriously think that I am quickly getting depressed and developing anxiety and repulsive behavior. I have had many past incidents which might have reflected upon my change in attitude change, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Surti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the difficulties faced by you because of the impulsivity. Since you are only 18 years old, I would not consider any medications right now. However, I would advise you first to appreciate the bodily changes that come when you become angry like clenching...  Read Full »