Anger Management

I have epilepsy, anxiety, depression and recently diagnosed with schizophrenia. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have epilepsy from my childhood. I have anxiety, depression, and anger issues. Lately, I have been on Abilify, Divalproex, Lamotrigine, and Zoloft. I have been recently diagnosed with schizophrenia and do not know what to do about it, could you help me get on track?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already on an effective combination of medication to manage your underlying diagnoses. As you may know, you are on an antipsychotic ( Abilify), anticonvulsants (which are also mood stabilizers- Divalproex and Lamotrigine) and an antidepressant (Zoloft). Have ...  Read Full »

I feel very stressed, tired and getting angry on a minor issue. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,Generally, I feel very stressed and tired. Getting angry on a minor issue and wanted to live alone. Because of this stress and anxiety, I am not getting good results in the exams. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are preparing for a competitive exam for which you have anxiety. If I ask, can you guarantee the results of the exams for which you are preparing? Definitely no. But you can predict the good results, but it is not guaranteed because we expect a lot. Not only you,...  Read Full »

I lose my temper and my anger is getting increased daily. What is the way to control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor,I always try to control my anger since my childhood days, but for three years, I usually lose my temper and day by day, my anger is increasing like anything. I tried all methods to control my anger, but it does not work. Is there any treatment to control anger?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anger is an emotion. When anger rises, our animal instinct tries to protect our-self resulting in aggressive behavior. Aggressive behavior happens only when anger goes out of control. Getting angry is fine. But you should make sure that it does not cross the boundary...  Read Full »

I have uncontrollable anger. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have uncontrollable anger. I quickly get angry and throw things. When my anger reaches a point I start crying and I have an ache in my right head. Also, I feel weak. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are insightful about having anger issues and seeking help to address the same. How long have you been having problems with anger? Have you always had an angry temperament or is it something you developed in recent years? What do your par...  Read Full »

How can I control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor, I get angry easily and I become violent. Then I hit my wife due to no fault of hers.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not acceptable to be violent toward your spouse. Domestic violence is a crime. Many families break apart due to domestic violence. It is positive that you are insightful of your anger issues and want to seek help. Have you always been an angry person since childh...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to control anger and anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem controlling my anger and anxieties which leads to erratic, eruptive behavior. It is hard to let bad things go for me. My expectations from others are very high and that leads to making them feel bad for not doing enough.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you please provide more details about the problem? Do you think that the anger issues are persistent since years or are these issues occurring in episodes? Like you become irritable and have anger outbursts for a few weeks and then you are totally alright? The...  Read Full »

How to overcome the situation which makes me angry and impulsive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 and struggling with anger issues and impulsive behavior which I am unable to stop. I seriously think that I am quickly getting depressed and developing anxiety and repulsive behavior. I have had many past incidents which might have reflected upon my change in attitude change, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Surti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the difficulties faced by you because of the impulsivity. Since you are only 18 years old, I would not consider any medications right now. However, I would advise you first to appreciate the bodily changes that come when you become angry like clenching...  Read Full »

Why do I often get angry with my baby?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do I feel so angry with my baby? I get angry to the point that I even hit him. I do not want to hurt him but things get so out of control that I cannot control anything. I am always irritated by him. He gives me a constant headache. He is 1.5 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be some aspects in this particular situation. You always had a low frustration tolerance. A baby is not easy to handle. Their immaturities often increase frustration and provoke anger but you need to understand they are too small to understand anything. Y...  Read Full »

How to control anger issues in a destructive behaviour patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I have destructive behavior. I break things, and I kick them when I am in anger. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have some severe anger issues. These type of problems are due to various psychiatric issues. It can also be due to depression, anxiety, and schizophrenia. We need to have a complete assessment of your symptoms, and the provoking factors. You can manage anger...  Read Full »

Does uncontrolled anger mean bipolar or borderline personality disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get angered at my mom and I always yell at her. I have also found some symptoms which indicate that I have either bipolar or borderline personality disorder and I cannot control my anger usually. No matter how much I try to stop, I always end up yelling and screaming like a mani...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. But I want to clarify what else apart from the anger you find in line with borderline personality or bipolar disorder. Mere getting angry cannot be a 100 percent indication of these disorders. Some people especially young ones have short te...  Read Full »