Q. Having on and off heavy bleeding other than normal menstruation. Why?

Published on Jul 04, 2016

I am 24 years old. I am not on any sort of birth control pills. I had a normal menstruation in the starting of this month and normal bleeding. After six to seven days, I started bleeding again. The bleeding was not very heavy, but lasted on and off for about six days. Now, after a gap of four days, I have got heavy bleeding again. It is not brown blood as I normally see during my period. It is dark red, much thinner and flows readily like a liquid. I feel pain in the lower abdomen whenever I get this bleeding. I also feel weak. There is no pain on urination or sex. I do not have a history of any infections. Also, I am not on any other regular medication. I am pretty sure that I am not pregnant. I have got a GP appointment in a week, but it is really worrying and painful sometimes. What could this be?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The intermenstrual bleeding that you are experiencing this cycle is likely to be due to progesterone deficiency during the luteal phase, which can be due to stress induced hormonal imbalance and leading to breakthrough bleeding.
  • It is imperative for you to get a serum progesterone level done by day 21 of your cycle where the progesterone levels less than 21 ng/dL shall indicate progesterone deficiency.
  • You shall require cyclical Progesterone therapy for controlling such bleeds.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe fo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restreta (Glutathione, Collagen, and L-cysteine) contains Glutathione which is an antioxidant. It effectively prevents melanin synthesis in the skin which helps in skin lightening. It is available in oral and injection form. Oral capsules do not produce much of a cha...  Read Full

Can I have sex during 17 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,Currently, I am 17 weeks pregnant. I had spotting which started during 13 weeks and lasted for about a week. I was put on bed rest and advised to take Susten 400 mg. Everything was fine in 16 weeks ultrasound. The doctor said no need of bedrest hereafter. But did not say anything abt se...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be better if you could send me your detailed history and scan report that you had recently. Mild bleeding at 13 weeks could be due to local pathology like cervical erosion, polyp, threatened miscarriage or just low lying developing placental at a very initial s...  Read Full

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)

Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends...  Read Article