Q. Is it advisable to go for copper-T for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder?

Answered by Dr. Vidya and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Menstrual Irregularity or Hormonal Imbalance? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My sister was experiencing irregular periods and sometimes bleeding was heavy during the menstrual period. We consulted a gynecologist. She suggested taking pelvis scan where they observed that endometrium line became thick. They informed that it was due to hormonal imbalance. Later we approached an endocrinologist where she has advised us some hormonal tests (prolactin, testosterone, thyroid tests). It seems the report was normal. For the past two months, she is taking Meprate 10 mg tablet from the 16th day to 25th day of menstrual cycle. And the subsequent falling period is normal. However, during the recent review with the gynecologist, she has advised taking full abdomen scan with the pelvis and there are no findings. Even the endometric layer is normal. Hence she came to an opinion like menstrual disorder is due to hormonal imbalance. The doctor advised undergoing for copper-T which is the only solution for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder. The endocrinologist said reports are fine. Both the statements are contrary. We are just confused to go ahead with the copper-T process. Please see the reports and kindly provide us the detailed clarification on this.