Interstitial Lung Disease

Why does my oxygen saturation level go down if I reduce the steroid dose?

Query: Hi doctor, Before 7 years, I was affected by chronic HP. From that time, I am in oxygen therapy and steroids 4 mg. My doctor told to taper them and stop so as per his advice I slowly tapered the dose of steroids and stopped it finally. When I stopped it, I cannot able to move or walk and also my sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis or HP is a type of interstitial lung disease. It is a chronic type of lung disease and treatment usually runs longer, especially with steroids and immunosuppressive drugs. As you said, you are taking steroids in tapering dose but still you ...  Read Full »

Can non-specific interstitial pneumonia be treated with salt therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, What is non-specific interstitial pneumonia? Is salt therapy beneficial for non-specific interstitial pneumonia? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. NSIP (non-specific interstitial pneumonia) is a chronic form of interstitial pneumonia, which cause thickening of the interstitium, an anatomical lung part not seen on x-rays. This type of thickening can be due to inflammation, scarring or edema in the lungs. Usually, the...  Read Full »

Will TB lungs exhibit honey comb damage in radiology?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67-year-old female. I have a significant past medical history of TB and a lifetime history of bronchitis. My arthritis is currently being treated with Remicade. Last month, while in a temporary job I developed severe altitude sickness (SOB, fatigue, and confusion) followed by b...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from chronic bronchitis with rheumatoid arthritis with recently diagnosed with RA related interstitial lung disease or idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. You had a history of PTB and taki...  Read Full »

I have breathing difficulty with restrictive disorder. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I have breathing difficulties. I had a spirometry test that showed a restrictive disorder. I recently had a CT scan and waiting to see my specialist in the end of the month. I was wondering what could indicate this type of problem? I can attach my CT scan. I am currently taking Plaque...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The CT (computed tomography) scan which you attached is showing ground glass with mild reticular changes in your basal regions and from the history which you gave it could be an interstitial ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for interstitial lung disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cough and frequent urination. My CT scan report suggests interstitial lung disease. Multiple lymph nodes are enlarged in the abdomen. Please advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The cough could be due to your interstitial lung disease problem. You can be prescribed steroid medication for that lung problem. Avoid smoking because it can worsen lung disease. The frequent urination could be due to urinary tract infection like problem. I sugg...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret my chest x-ray.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. For mild chest pain, I have got my chest x-ray PA view done as suggested by my rheumatologist. My doctor said that x-ray report shows changes of chronic bronchitis in both lungs more in lower zones and old fibrotic scarring is seen in left apex. I am suffering fro...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and the findings of your chest x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) can be due to the following reasons: Smoking. Allergy. Rheumatoid related interstitial lung disease (ILD)...  Read Full »

Is stem cell therapy effective for ILD with sarcoids?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 64 is suffering from ILD for the past three years. Now the doctor suggested recently that she has developed nodules which are mostly sarcoids in nature. Recent CT scan report shows it. Is there any way to revive her lungs condition? Is stem cell therapy effective for her?...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhu Prasad N.c

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ILD (interstitial lung disease) has many different types. What was her type of ILD when diagnosed and what treatment was given? Development of new nodules which are suspicious of sarcoidosis is quite rare, nevertheless if her condition permits which need to be evalua...  Read Full »

Can an interstitial lung disease be detected on a 64 slice chest CT angiography?

Query: Hello doctor,Can an interstitial lung disease be detected on a 64 slice chest CT angiography or a 128 slice 3 mm of the chest with no contrast? For the past four months, I have symptoms of chest tightness, fatigue, anxiety, broken sleep, and low back pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Interstitial lung disease can be visualized in 64 slices and 128 slice CT machines (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A particular HRCT chest protocol is to be followed. No contrast is needed.  Read Full »