Q. How can I prevent the appearance of rash in between testicle and anal area?

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I have been working for about 10 hours a day in the sun for the past three days. When I work long days and keep walking, I get sores, rashes and irritation between my testicles and anal area. It is happening more frequently than it has in the past. They typically go away in about two to three days time. I am on Lisinopril currently. How can I prevent or help from this happening? Why is it really hard to walk without severe pain?

#

• This appears to be a case of intertrigo, a kind of dermatitis or inflammatory condition of skin folds.
  • It usually get induced or aggravated by heat, moisture, maceration, friction, and lack of air circulation.
  • It may be secondarily infected by candidal and streptococcus infections. Please follow the instructions as detailed below.
  • Also I would like to know why you are on Lisinopril at this age.

1. Excessive perspiration.
2. Maceration.
3. Scratching.
4. Tight or unfriendly undergarments.

1. Wood's lamp examination.
2. KOH test (potassium hydroxide) if no response to treatment.

Use Tetrix cream (Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone combination) or Desitin topical cream (Zinc oxide) are some topical measures. If this does not help Greer's Goo ointment (combination of Hydrocortisone, Nystatin and Zinc oxide).

1. Do not use tight clothings. Use moisture wicking undergarments.
2. Eliminate friction and heat by keeping folds dry and cool.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|