Intraocular Pressure

What causes cylindrical eye power to change rapidly?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old and I use spectacles from the last three years. Before that, my eyes were fine. In the last two years, it is deteriorating fast and the cylindrical eyesight varies much. Initially, it was - 0.5, but after one year it became - 1.5 and now it is 2.5. Why is my cylindric...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An increase in the cylindrical error at this age is uncommon. There are two possibilities: Your cornea is weak and changing its shape which is known as keratoconus. But, keratoconus does not appear in this age. It is basically a disease in children. There is a possib...  Read Full »

My intraocular pressure has risen to 16, to 21. Will it continue to increase?

Query: Hello doctor,Over the past six years or so, my intraocular pressure (both eyes) has risen to 16, to 19, and now to 21. Will it continue to increase still? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you might have been informed, increased eye pressure is mainly associated with the disease called glaucoma. This chronic symptomless disease is very drastic to the optic nerve and might lead to irreversible damage, and in the end, cause blindness. However, this e...  Read Full »

My father has been detected with glaucoma. Do we need to take urgent action?

Query: Hello doctor, My father has been detected with glaucoma. The problem started about two months back. There is some irritation in eyes and vision is hampered in one eye. I wanted to get an opinion on how serious. What should be done? Do we need to take urgent action? Can we cure it completely?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The thing with glaucoma is that it is a progressive condition and we can arrest its progress to a level that it does not cause further damage. The vision loss that has already been done by the disease is not reversible. Our goal here is to lower the pressure to such a l...  Read Full »

I have a pain behind my left eye and a headache in the base of the skull. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know if you would be able to help. I just want to be pointed in the right direction. I am 25 years old. My height is 5 feet and 2 inches. I weigh about 127 kg. I have underactive thyroids, but they are not treatable by NHS standards. I have a mixed connective tissue disorder....  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know further details about your symptoms: Since when do you have these headaches? In which areas of the head do you feel the headache? From where does it originate? Is it limited to the area behind the left eye alone? What kind of a headache would you d...  Read Full »

What does glaucoma suspected patient mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I had eye checkup nine months back as I had light pain in right eye. The doctor advised me to get OCT and CCT. With the test reports he said that I have glaucoma. He advised me to take an eye drop named Lumigan one drop daily at night in both eyes. I am not satisfied with his opinion and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all please relax. There is nothing to worry. All the doctors are correct. Now let me explain you. Glaucoma is a very slowly progressive disease. You are glaucoma suspect means you are at risk of glaucoma or have many predisposing factors for glaucoma, but ther...  Read Full »

Having ocular hypertension,will it lead to glaucoma? Is there a risk of blindness?

Query: Hello, I would like to have a remote eye view on a question related to glaucoma. I am 35 years old and I am being followed for 5 years for ocular hypertension. I have between 23 and 26 mmHg by applanation tonometer. My field of vision is good. Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) examinations are good...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having ocular hypertension. Since the results of visual field, optic disc changes and OCT are normal, there is no glaucoma. But treatment of ocular hypertension is necessary for you to prevent developmen...  Read Full »

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know further details about your problem: Did you have these headaches any time before the last three or four months? In which other areas of your head, have you felt the pain? What kind of a headache is it? Does the pain feel like a heaviness, throbbing...  Read Full »

Can you compare two images of fundus and tell me if there is progression?

Query: Hello doctor,I need comparison analysis of two fundus photos to check if they are/are not showing signs of progression. Patient is on Xalatan, Timolol, and Dortas.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photographs, there seems to be a very slight progression (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But to come to a conclusion based on fundus photographs alone would be incorrect. One of the most accurate ways to judge progression is field analys...  Read Full »

My intraocular pressure is 20 to 24 mmHg. Do I have glaucoma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 39 years old. My ocular pressure has been measured three times within the last month and values vary from 20 to 24 mmHg. The field vision test is fine. OCT shows some damage to the RNFL. Do I have glaucoma? What treatment do you suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, we can still keep you in the category of 'glaucoma suspect' rather than labeling you with the diagnosis of glaucoma. The most sensitive and specific test for glaucoma is the field test. If field test is normal, then we cannot label you as glaucoma p...  Read Full »

What should be done for cloudy vision after cataract surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, In case of cloudiness and pains at night after cataract surgery, what should be done?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After a cataract surgery, the patient is put on a steroid and antibiotic drops to reduce the reaction in the eye, the swelling of the cornea if any and to prevent infection. You have mentioned that you experience cloudiness and pain at night after cataract surgery. ...  Read Full »