Intraocular Pressure

The pressure exerted by the fluid present inside the eye is called intraocular pressure. The test that eye doctors use to measure eye pressure is called tonometry. If high intraocular pressure is left untreated, it can result in glaucoma and permanent vision loss.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Do I need to consult a doctor for my constant headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old male, for the last month and a half, I feel a pressure on the back of my head. It sometimes causes mild pain in different parts of my head, like the sides of my head. It makes me feel hot sometimes as well. I also have some neck pain, but it is not much. This headache...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to know some details about your problem.  Since when you started to have these headaches? Did it start 1.5 months back or you had these headaches previously also? Which parts of the head do you have pain? How long does one episode of this headache last?...  Read Full »

Is continuous pressured feeling in the head with headache indicative of brain tumor?

Query: Hi doctor, For three years, I have been having vertigo and unsteadiness symptoms. I went to see different doctors and ENT specialists who ran many tests and did not find anything, they put this on account of stress and anxiety. I kept having periodical moments where my vertigo and unsteadiness is h...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to know some further details about headache and other symptoms: 1) Since when you started to have these headaches? How many years? Did it start only six years ago or used to occur before also? 2) In which part of the head you feel headaches? (You can a...  Read Full »

My father is having constant pain in his head after eye surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, is suffering from diabetic retinopathy and has undergone vitreoretinal surgery. After the surgery, his eye (right) responded well. But now, there is a constant pain in his head. The doctors said that there is some pressure in the eye, which increases and re...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The eye has got pressure known as intraocular pressure (IOP) just like your blood pressure. The normal eye pressure range is 10 to 21 mmHg. Beyond this pressure, the neurons present in the optic nerve (a nerve that connects eye to the brain) starts damaging leading to...  Read Full »

Will CXL raise intraocular pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my CXL procedure done for my right eye one month ago, and my vision is even worst than before. I was prescribed Tobradex (Tobramycin) eye drops a day thrice. My IOP, when recently checked, was raised to 30.5, and I am labeled as a steroid responder. Therefore, my medication is chan...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Are you a keratoconus patient? For what reason did you get CXL (corneal cross-linking) done? Tobradex (Tobramycin) is a very weak steroid antibiotic combination. You have not taken much of it, even if you are a responder to steroids. That would be odd to have this I...  Read Full »

How can diabetes contribute to cataracts?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 66-year-old diabetic man. My wife passed away a year ago. I have been suffering from diabetes for the last 30 years. I am even hypertensive. I regularly take insulin for diabetes and also many other medications for diabetes and hypertension. For the last few days, I was having a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I totally understand your concern. I saw all your test reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Your eyes are quite healthy for your age. You need new glasses as prescribed. With that, your vision will be absolutely clear. You have an early...  Read Full »

Does increased intraocular pressure in eyes indicate glaucoma?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 31-year-old male. I was referred to an optometrist when my eye pressure was high during the eye examination. The optometrist conducted a variety of tests such as visual field test, dilated eye exam, and took photographs of the back of my eye. In the end, she concluded that everythin...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please mention your intraocular pressure. The reports suggest that you have a large cup to disc ratio in both the eyes and it indicates glaucoma. It is also seen in normal circumstances ca...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my grandma's eye pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My 88-year-old grandmother is unable to get an appointment with her eye doctor because of this current pandemic. Over the past couple of weeks, she claims to be almost entirely blind. She has some degenerative eye disorder, but I am not sure what it is. She takes a lot of Lumigan drop...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Has she been operated on for a cataract? Because that can also be a reason for decreasing vision. Can you please share her earlier prescription and reports? Does she have IOP earlier?  Read Full »

Is laser capsulotomy advisable for PCO eye?

Query: Hi doctor, Nine years ago, I have had phacoemulsification and IOL implant on my left eye. Post surgery, I developed acute steroid induced ocular hypertension, which was resolved with IV drug treatment. Fast forward, I developed open angle glaucoma in both eyes and I am undergoing trabeculectomy for ...  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for the detailed description of your diagnosis. From what you have described, you had undergone LASIK in the right eye, which has an uncontrolled intraocular pressure (IOP) on medical treatment. For this you plan for a combined trabeculectomy and cataract surger...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain while wearing my glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-years-old male. Four months back, I got my new eye prescription. The eye power for my right eye is 5.5, and the left eye is 3.5. For the past ten days, I am feeling pain in my forehead wearing my glasses. I went to my eye doctor and had my eye test done again. The doctor thorou...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your case is a classical case of the wrong power of glasses. It can be either a mistake from the optometrist or doctor who has given you a power prescription. Or it may be the error in the making of glass. So I advise you to get your glasses checked by lensometer. Al...  Read Full »

How are dry eyes treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I spend nine hours daily in front of a computer for the last five years. I have developed dry eye problem before two years and consulted a doctor. The doctor suggested Omega 369 tablets (Fultos 369) for 15 days and an eye drop (Softdrops) daily. The dry eye problem cured after taking tabl...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to First of all complete the duration of treatment with Osmega capsule (Omega-3 fatty acid) for three months continuously on once a day basis. Eye drop that you are using is a lubricant eye drop, which you can use it as long. Lubricant eye drops as such have no side effec...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.