Q. The bottom part of my abdomen hurts, and I cannot poop. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

the bottom part of my abdomen hurts, and i can't poop.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand you must be very upset about your problem.

It seems that you have a defecation disorder. which is difficulty in passing stools. It can occur to any body, but common among individuals who have difficult learning the art of passing stools. For this you have to relax , remove your anxiety and start learning the art of pooping. Here are some tips for that.

1. Diaphragmatic breathing. you can type this on youtube and see the video on how it can be done at home side.
  2. use laxative. Polyethylene glycol-one sachet twice daily , you can increase to two sachet twice daily
  3. The best time to poop is at morning just after breakfast and after half hour of taking meals at day and night time.
  4. Take plenty of water, 2 to 3 liters of water in a day
  5. Exercise daily

If all above fail then there is computerized therapy called biofeedback therapy. I want you to follow above tips first, and let me know if improvement; if required, I will suggest when to go for biofeedback therapy.

The pain is a secondary phenomenon, once your stools became normal the pain will go away. Do not use painkillers, because they may slow your bowel and can cause more constipation.

Defecatory disorder

Slow transit constipation

Defecatory disorder

As above

Follow up in 1week and update me about your problem

| 

Why is my 3.5 year old daughter having irregular bowel movement and mucus in stool?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3.5 year old daughter has irregular bowel movements with a recent problem of mucus in stool. Earlier also, she did not poop regularly. I use laxative when she does not poop for two to three days consecutively. Recently, she has a problem of mucus in her stool for approximately a month...  Read Full »

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and swollen ankles. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, Since 1 month I have been suffering from stomach problem. Whenever I eat something, I immediately have stomach pain and pass stools. There is swelling in both the ankles. I feel weak. What could be the problem?  Read Full »