Q. Are angiography and stent good for ischemic heart disease?

Dr. Vivek Pillai

My mother got a sudden heart pain. I took her to the hospital. After ECG And further processing, we came to know that she got ischemic heart disease and her two valves of the heart are closed. She has diabetes and blood pressure problems due to which atherosclerosis occurred three days ago. The doctor told him for angiography. Are angiography and stent good for her? Please also tell me about everything related to heart problems cure and heart diet.

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Cardiology
#

An angiogram has to be done in your mother's case to know the extent of the blocks. Also, since she has blocked valves as you said, open heart surgery and valve replacement will be an option for her rather than stenting. In terms of diet to prevent heart disease, it is useful to avoid excess fried foods and red meat. Lean meat like chicken and fish are beneficial. Cook food in oils like sunflower oil or groundnut oil rather than coconut oil. If she is diabetic, make sure the diabetic control is strict.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|