Q. Is Isotretinoin a good tablet for acne?

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Isotretinoin or Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have deep acne on the face for more than 10 years and for which my doctor has prescribed Isotretinoin drug Isokon 20 mg. The medicine seems to show a lot of improvement for acne. However, I feel that it has some side effects as I feel tired with burning eyes. Is this normal? Is Isotretinoin a good tablet to take? Or will it cause any adverse effects to my health? I need a second opinion about this drug. Also, my doctor took some medical tests before prescribing the drug such as CBC, LFT and lipid profile and all were normal.