Q. What are these red itchy bumps on my face and arms?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2020

I have been having red itchy bumps on my face and arms for the past three weeks. I was given Fluocinonide, Hydrocortisone and Hydroxyzine by my doctor and dermatologist. The medications have not been helping at all. Please help.

#

I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and written descriptions.

It looks like papular urticaria or urticarial vasculitis or polymorphic light eruptions (PMLE).

You can try 0.1 % Mometasone cream twice daily over arms and Fluticasone 0.05 % cream once daily over face along with tablet Monteder-L (combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine) once daily for five days.

If your bumps did not disappear in five days then go for skin biopsy to rule out urticarial vasculitis and PMLE.

You really need regular follow up to dermatologist if your lesions does not subside.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|