Q. What can be done to manage itchy red dots due to bug bites?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

I have bug bites that appeared as small red dots first and then turned into bigger, more normal bug bites within two days. I have washed my bed sheets twice and got more when I was away in another city for two nights. They are itchy, but there is no pus or anything. I have about a dozen of them. Do I need to go to a doctor?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The condition seems to be papular urticaria, which is due to an allergic reaction to an insect bite, fleas or bed bugs.

1. Continue with Loratidine 10 mg, you can take it twice a day for a week.
2. A combination of steroids like Mometasone and an antibiotic like Fusidic acid to be applied over the lesions twice daily for one week.

Wearing fully covering clothing will help. Insect repellants or sprays in your home or office.

|