Q. I am a 30 year old male, suffering from glaucoma since 2 years. I have heaviness and itching in my eyes

Dr. N. Sathian
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 13, 2018

I am a 30 year old male suffering from glaucoma since the last two years. I have heaviness and itching in my eyes. Please guide me on what to do.

Dr. N. Sathian

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I need a few answers from you, before deciding on the reasons for heaviness or itching.

Can you please give the details for the following questions?

1. Are you on anti-glaucoma medication? If so, can you name them?
  2. When was the last eye examination done, what was the eye pressure?
  3. What is the grade of glaucoma?

Itching can be because of specific anti-glaucoma medications.

I need to know the eye pressure to decide whether your current heaviness is due to the anti-glaucoma medications.

This is to decide whether we need to change or continue the medication or decide on any other modalities of eye pressure control in relation to the severity of glaucoma.

Revert back with the details to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

What can cause blurry image, itchy eyes, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.  Read Full »

Is it necessary to use four eye drops to control eye pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, Four eye drops are used in combination to control eye pressure in case of glaucoma. They are Dorzolamide, Timolol, Brimonidine and Xalatan. In what sequence with how much gap should they be given to control eye pressure? Also for controlling afternoon pressure, either Dorzolamide or Brimo...  Read Full »

Can glaucoma and cataract be operated at the same time?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother, who is aged 57, had eye pain recently. We consulted a doctor and got to know that my mom has glaucoma. Also, they mentioned that it is in the advanced stage and severe of around 90%. From another couple of tests, they found that my mother needs cataract surgery along with gl...  Read Full »