Q. I am a 30 year old male, suffering from glaucoma since 2 years. I have heaviness and itching in my eyes

Dr. N. Sathian
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 13, 2018

I am a 30 year old male suffering from glaucoma since the last two years. I have heaviness and itching in my eyes. Please guide me on what to do.

Dr. N. Sathian

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I need a few answers from you, before deciding on the reasons for heaviness or itching.

Can you please give the details for the following questions?

1. Are you on anti-glaucoma medication? If so, can you name them?
  2. When was the last eye examination done, what was the eye pressure?
  3. What is the grade of glaucoma?

Itching can be because of specific anti-glaucoma medications.

I need to know the eye pressure to decide whether your current heaviness is due to the anti-glaucoma medications.

This is to decide whether we need to change or continue the medication or decide on any other modalities of eye pressure control in relation to the severity of glaucoma.

Revert back with the details to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|