Q. Do I have hair fall and itching because of seborrheic dermatitis?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

I have a white bump present on my hair root. Due to it, I have itching on my hair. I have lots of hair fall even when I touch them. I am using Ketoscalp shampoo. But still, there is no recovery. I do not know whether it is seborrheic dermatitis.

#

Please mention whether you have consulted a dermatologist for this issue. Please mention whether you got a diagnosis of seborrheic dermatitis. I do not understand about white bumps. Please mention whether it is pustules or hard white bumps or fluid-filled lesions or dry skin flakes. You need to send a clear photograph of the lesion for guiding further. For having a proper treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, it is necessary to follow these instructions carefully. You need to keep Ketoscalp (Ketoconazole) shampoo on the scalp for five to eight minutes before washing it and it should be used daily for the first week and then reduce its frequency on the second and third week. Kindly have a follow-up with a photo. If there is no relief, kindly consult a dermatologist for having proper scalp examination.

|