Q. How can I manage dandruff?

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

I am suffering from dandruff for more than a year. I am a prefinal year student and my gender is female. Please suggest a solution for dandruff. Can I use One shot dandruff killer?

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Dandruff is formed due to oily scalp. If you are using oil for hair, please avoid it. Dandruff cannot be cured permanently. It can only be controlled. For now, use Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizral shampoo twice weekly for three weeks and thereafter once it is controlled, use once a week for a month).

| 

Related Video

How do I control dandruff and hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem with dandruff. My scalp is oily. I am losing hair and I feel that I will become bald. I used Candid-TV, but it did not help. Please advice.  Read Full »

Can antifungal treatment cure dandruff and hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a test report for fungal overgrowth. Can you please look at the report and let me know if you suggest an antifungal treatment? I also have a lot of dandruff in my head and hair loss.  Read Full »