Q. Kindly let me know some medicine for itchy throat?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am a 28 year old male. For the past month, I have been having some symptoms of asthmatic bronchitis such as wheezing, cough, etc. The symptoms have reduced now as I have been taking some medications. Right now, I have some itching sensation in my throat below my Adam's apple, causing occasional cough and also post nasal drip, which is irritating a lot. Please let me know some medication for this problem.

#

Hi.

We are here to help you.

• The best medicine would be the use of anti-allergic combination like Levocetirizine and Montelukast once daily at night. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Do steam inhalation regularly for at least 10 days.

Revert back after 10 days to a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

| 

I used cocaine and now I have cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I used cocaine for six months but for four months, I have coughs and phlegm especially in the morning. I never had throat pain. It just feels itchy. I saw a doctor who gave me allergy spray with Cortizon but I took it for just one month. I keep drinking alcohol and cold drinks which makes ...  Read Full »

Why does my 7-year-old have breathing difficulty, cough and throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old daughter has difficulty in breathing. Sometimes, she also makes noise while breathing. She has frequent cough and pain in the throat. The doctor advised a few medications. There was a little relief after two days. After exemption of medicine, the breathing difficulty, cough...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Pulmonologist Now