Q. Please suggest medicines for redness and pain on the glans.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

I have redness and pain on the glans with whitish skin layer peeling off after a bath. I have been using Candid ointment for about 10 days without much relief. Should I change over to Candid B instead?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• If you do not regularly wash under the foreskin, a cheesy material, called smegma, accumulates. This can become infected and cause irritation. The solution is to wash carefully with warm salty water.
  • If this occurred following sexual intercourse, then this is probably caused by allergy to thrush in your partner’s vagina. If she is treated, the problem will usually go.
  • Also, this can be due to candida infection, but since it is not responding to treatement, then this could be an early sign of diabetes.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for replying. I am not diabetic at all. Further, there is no sexual contact. I am very particular about hygiene. However, I may have sweated too much in the recent humid weather and invited the infection. My question is, after Candid total, should any other ointment be tried? What oral medication would you suggest? Kindly advise as soon as possible. Thanks.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• I would suggest you try taking oral Itraconazole daily for two weeks, after consulting your physician.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|