Ivermectin

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full »

My scrotum is itching and there is pimple-like stuff that is bleeding. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-year-old male. I recently realized that my scrotum is itching and there is pimple-like stuff that is bleeding a little. There are reddish black spots on my scrotum, but it is not the area that bleeds. The area that bleeds looks like a ring-cut.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The black, reddish papules may be angiokeratoma which bleeds when you scratch that, but that is not the cause of itching as such. I am prescribing you medications for itching and ring-shaped erosions. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss t...  Read Full »

How can I permanantly cure infestation of pinworms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an infestation of pinworms, threadworms for a year now. I am a hygiene clean, single moral person. I have no idea how I got them. Have seen a number of doctors and Reese's, Ivermectin, Mebendazole and now Albenza once a week for five months have not helped. They made a r...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Best is Ivermectin. If resistant, use 5 % Permethrin ointment in whole body. If possible, send me a picture for better advise.  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my skin itching with welts and hives? How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin problem that I first noticed before three years. My skin will itch like crazy and break out into welts and hives. The symptoms will last for a few hours then go away. Some days I experience more than two outbreaks. The itching, bumps, and hives most likely appear after I...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have examined the pictures and taken note of your concerns. I think the underlying cause is a parasitic infestation which is known to give rise to itching in evenings and nights and also results in the formation of wheals as noticed in the pictures. The treatment ...  Read Full »

Please give a correct diagnosis for bumps on scrotum and whole body itch.

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had bumps on my scrotum and now I got few bumps on my penis head. I have attached the pictures for better idea. First It was told that these maybe cysts. And later it was told as Fordyce spots. Please give me correct diagnosis. Thanks.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are neither cyst nor Fordyce spots. Sexually transmitted disease can be a probability. But, for proper diagnosis I need to know the complete history that is the onset, progression and duration of lesion. Did you experience any whole body itching predominantly a...  Read Full »

How to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner. To gain weight...  Read Full »

Can I switch from Metronidazole to Soolantra cream for rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I live in a tropical country, where the exposure to the sun is too much. My skin used to be fair before moving to this country. Back in my country, I used to never go out in the sun. After I moved here, my skin is burnt. It was red at first, and then the blood vessels were visible. I s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Indeed your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are more in favor of acne rosacea. This is a chronic and recurrent condition characterized by erythema with flushing sensation, predominantly affecting the cheeks. The management of rosacea needs to be h...  Read Full »

What is the dosage of Albendazole for worm infestation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have worms in my stomach. How to take Albendazole tablet? What is the dosage?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So considering you have worm infestation, I suggest you try the following: Tablet Bandy plus (Albendazole and Ivermectin) 400 mg or tablet Albendazole 400 mg, to be taken once after dinner and same dose to be repeated after two weeks. So you can have either of these af...  Read Full »

My daughter's hemoglobin and iron levels are low. Is it due to ITP?

Query: Hello doctor,My 21 year old daughter suffered from ITP, two years back. Her hemoglobin and iron are low again, so she started taking Orofer. Her hemoglobin is 10.3 g/dL and iron is 25. The platelet count is fine. Please help.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history provided, it is a case of anemia. Here hemoglobin level is low and serum iron level is also low. Hence, it is suggestive of iron-deficiency anemia. But for proper workup, I need to know peripheral smear examination report with CBC (complete blo...  Read Full »

How to treat itchy bumps and rashes in the genital area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes on my leg and arms. It started a month ago. I am applying steroid cream for that. Two days back started appearing in genital areas too. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity). I can see few fluid filled blisters. Please answer few questions of mine. Is the rash itchy or painful? If itchy, is it more during the day or night? Does the rash app...  Read Full »