Q. My 6 year old daughter is very weak and refuses to eat. Can I give her Albendazole?

Dr. Preeti Puranik

I have two kids, an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. They both frequently complain about pain in their legs, which gets very severe many times and settles on giving them Paracetamol. I feel my daughter is very weak physically, and she refuses to eat everything except junk food and gets exhausted by any single activity. I am planning to give her Albendazole with Ivermectin. Please suggest further in this regard. Thanks and regards.

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrics
#

• Regarding the leg pain, it can be due to the growth of the bones and muscles in children. These generally settle down with time. Other reason can be vitamin D3 deficiency. So, consult a pediatrician for a check up. Any local cause can be identified after examining.
  • The reason for your daughter getting exhausted and not eating properly can be anemia or worm infestation. There can be other causes for exhaustion related to the heart and lungs, but they are rare.
  • You can give plain Albendazole 400 mg, single dose, to her. But, I suggest you take both your kids for a complete physical check up as the actual cause can be identified.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|