Q. I have big red boils in my penis with a history of scabies. What is that?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I am 30 years old. I suffer from scabies. Doctors prescribed me Permethrin cream, and now I got relief. But some new and little big red boils are showing in my penis, I am scared. Kindly suggest.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

As you mentioned in history you have scabies, when scabies treatment is taken the parasite causing infection dies and that causes hypersensitivity reaction resulting in appearance of tiny bumps so you might have developed that. But as you mentioned big boils that is unlikely a hypersensitivity reaction. It could be a secondary infection also.

But without seeing the lesion on photo it is really difficult to provide the definitive cause of these lesions. Please share a photo so I can suggest you the treatment. Also, take tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine)180 mg daily at night for seven days, this is for itching.

| 

I am attaching the pictures. Also, the skin specialist suggest me to use Clonate-F cream to apply on those big bugs. But I am using it for the past three days with no benefit. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Please do not apply Clonate F (Clobetasol propionate and Fusidic acid) as it contains strong steroid which can damage thin skin of scrotum. You have developed secondary infection with blister.

Take tablet Ivermectin 12 mg and repeat after seven days. Only two tablets. Take Ivermectin only if your doctor did not prescribe it previously and you have not taken it. Apply Desonide cream once daily at night in small quantity over the red lesions on scrotum for seven days. Apply Sodium fusidate cream daily on the red lesions for seven days and take Allegra tablet daily at night.

| 

Can you please give the medicine name on a simple format.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have uploaded the prescription and provided notes also. The app does not approve the prescription due to app policy, as few medicines can only be provided by video consultation. So I have added the notes.

Scabies with secondary infection.

Take Ivermectin 12 mg and repeat after seven days. Only two tablets. Take Ivermectin only if your doctor did not prescribe it previously and you have not taken it. Apply Desonoide cream once daily at night in small quantity over red the lesions on scrotum for seven days. Apply Sodium fusidate cream two times daily on the red lesions for seven days and take Allegra tablet daily at night.

Follow up in 10 days.

|