Q. My jock itch problem recurs once I stop medicine. Why?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am having jock itch for the last 22 months. The doctor prescribed me Fluconazole 150 mg and Levocetirizine for 4 weeks. Also, I am using Onabet cream in the morning and Lulifin cream at night. But the problem is arising once I stopped using the medicine. Please prescribe me a good medicine and solve my problem.

#

Good you used antifungal, and antihistamine medicines for four weeks. But your complaint is recurrence if you discontinue the medicines. Are you having diabetes? If it is, then take treatment to control sugar.

Try this cream or lotion with the consent of your doctor. Lobate GM Neo cream (Clobetasol+Miconazole+Neomycin) steroid, antifungal and antibiotic combination. Apply 2 to 3 times daily for 15 days till the lesion color change to normal.

Change inner cloths daily, and prefer to use cotton cloths. Wash the cloths after you soak in hot water. Hope you will be fine. Review after 15 days.

|