Q. Is there a therapy for painful swollen joints?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 27, 2019

My mother is 45 years old female. Her weight is usually between 35 kg to 42 kg. She is suffering from severe pain and swollen joints for the past 15 years. Due to lack of financial resource we were unable to get treatment. Is there any therapy to heal her? She is unable to fully move her joints due to severe pain. She is using tablet like Lefra as prescribed. Please help us.

#

• First of all a proper diagnosis has to be made for the cause of her swollen joints. It could be due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or gout. Once correct diagnosis is made then the treatment can be initiated.
  • So, I need to know whether any tests has been done for her and if so then kindly upload her test reports.
  • If no tests have been done then kindly get the following tests done and revert back with reports. CRP (C-reactive protein), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), RA factor, serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 and x-ray of foot and x-ray of knee joint.

Revert back with the investigation reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|