Joint Pain

What is the cause for pain in all joints and increased heartbeat after food?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. Today when I woke up, I felt pain in all joints all over my body. In the evening, about 30 minutes after my dinner, my heart was beating really fast and I counted it was about 104 bpm. Could you please assist me to know what my problem is?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to ask you a few things. What did you had in supper? Apart from the body ache are you suffering from some other symptoms like loose stools, vomiting, or nausea? Some time due to vagal irritation of acid in the stomach leads to reflux tachycardia and nothing ...  Read Full »

I have joint pain, headache, and a running nose with blood during sneezing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I got fever a few days back along with joint pains, headache, and a running nose. Still cold persists although it has been a week since I got rid of fever. To my notice, while sneezing I noticed blood (3 to 4 times out of nearly 20 to 25 times, I sneezed).  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the symptoms you are describing it seems like a viral infection (some kind of flu). Headache, joints ache, fever, and respiratory problems are common in this condition. Since you have a history of a week and the symptoms are back, bacterial infections of the respira...  Read Full »

Is there any belt that can help lumbago?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old and working in the army. I have acute lumbago. The day before yesterday, I had a sudden jerk while playing and continued getting extremely painful spasms that night. I was given covering injections, and the spasms subsided. The pain is still there, and I want to get rid o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is usually no belt that will help for lumbago (low back pain) unless you are having painful spasms as that will limit movements. So, if your spasms have stopped, then no need for a belt. I suggest you take regular NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

Why am I having joint pain with stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 169 cm and weight is 95 kg. I am 50 years old, male. For the past three months, I am experiencing stiff fingers joint and pain in the outer ridge of the foot in the morning when I get up. Fingers become fine after some time but pain stays in the foot. This is coming on an...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well for fingers, it could be osteoarthritis because at your age this is something which is most common and it also has morning stiffness. In your foot, it is plantar fascitis. So for treatment, you have to do finger gripping exercises. For that, you can buy a smiley ba...  Read Full »

Does knee inflammation after stopping steroids mean auto-immune disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter (4 years old) had an eye injury around seven months back. She is now diagonised with granulomatous panuvietis. I have consulted in person around six opthalmologists and they have told that it is due to eye injury. However, one of them wanted me to go for auto immune tests ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer your queries one by one. Eye injury may sometimes set up the autoimmunity. It is not clear in your question how much eye problem she currently has. Inflammation anywhere in body could be set up by infection, autoimmunity, or auto-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

I am feeling muscle and joint pain after playing rugby. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I was playing touch rugby two days ago. It just so happens, and I have not exercised in a while now. I am having severe lower back pain, muscular and  joint pains around my thighs. Today is the second day, and I am still feeling the pain. Is this normal? Do I ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably a muscle soreness due to sudden activities following prolonged inactivity. It usually takes a week to resolve without medicine. However, I suggest you tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg or Diclofenac 50 mg whenever needed up to two times a day along with s...  Read Full »

Can Stress And Anxiety Cause Joint Problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male with no history of joint issues. Can stress and anxiety cause joints to pop? I was okay last month but this month it has been really stressful for me and I know my hands feel stiff and all my joints pop. When I raise my arms, one can hear the tendons stretching l...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Random clicking and popping joints is a common occurrence and as long as there is no associated pain or swelling, there is nothing to worry about at a young age such as yours. Excessive stress and anxiety can make your muscles taut. This can happen during periods o...  Read Full »

Does Adalimumab injection causes kidney dysfunction in HLA-B27 positive patients?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I am HLA-B27 positive (hereditary issue). I am suffering from joint pains since the last 16 years, I generally use Ultracet to suppress the pain. I have undergone a resurfacing surgery before nine years. Since then I have not taken any treatment. I have visit...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand that every medicine has its side effects and it is not that everyone gets it. Important is treatment. Since your disease may get worse with the passing years, Adalimumab injections would help you in controlling your disease. It rarely affects t...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of recurrence of Still's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 48 years old, male. Two years back I was diagnosed for Stills disease and treated with steroids. Then it was under control. Now for the last four months, I am having severe shoulder joint pain restricting my left-hand movements MRI done shows mild arthritis, frozen shoulder, etc....  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, Still's disease is only on clinical diagnosis present like intermittent fever, arthritis, and rash (not itching). Usually, there is no confirmatory test for this. Depending upon joint pain long lasting more than six weeks, with rash, pleurisy and body p...  Read Full »

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Ella Maponya

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »