Q. Can you check if my kidneys are damaged due to the infection I had four years back?

Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Parry
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

I have some issues with my kidneys. Four years ago, I had an infection in my kidney. Recently I consulted a nephrologist and performed an ultrasound of my kidneys and some tests. I am uploading all my tests. Please suggest what would be my next course of action. I have BP but entirely under control. I have been taking 10 mg Amlodipine besylate tablet for the last ten years. I have been pre-diabetic for a long time. I am controlling my diet, no medicines. I have an asthmatic problem, and I am taking two puffs from a Symbicort inhaler almost every day. Please advise.

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I have seen your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Your ultrasound is as expected as well as your urine reports. You need to control your blood pressure. Kindly repeat your kidney function test.

What type of kidney test do I need to do? I think blood tests and creatine tests can judge a kidney’s function. Please help.

#

There are two small calculi. They can pass out of their own. It would help if you did specific diet control.

1) Increase water intake by more than 3.5 liters per day.

2) Decrease salt intake.

Also, for evaluation of stones following tests are to be done:

1) Serum calcium, albumin, and serum PTH (parathyroid hormone).

2) Urine routine examination.

Urine test to be taken for calcium, oxalate, citrate, and uric acid. I hope this helps.

|