Q. Should I worry for albumin in urine?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

There is no specific complaint, but albumin is noticed in urine. Is it something to worry? I am currently on Liv 52.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Yes, there is reason to worry. However, I would like to know the following information.
  • What is your blood pressure? Do you have a history of diabetes or high blood pressure?
  • Why was the test performed? Did you notice any symptoms? Kindly attach the reports.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

| 

Here are the answers. My recent blood pressure was 122/86 mmHg. I do not have diabetes or high BP. I just had a normal checkup. There is no symptom as such. But, during the test mild lung infection was there with cough. I have attached the report for your reference.

#

• Since this is asymptomatic 1+ albuminuria, this does not require any further tests or treatment.
  • This can happen after fever, exercises or any illness like you had.
  • However, I would recommend you to get the urine for microalbumin test repeated after two weeks and write back to me with the report.

Revert back after two weeks to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

| 

Is albumin of 1+ alarming? Or is that something an obese person can pass on? Also, what are the early symptoms in that case?

#

• It is not alarming as this can normally be found in various conditions as discussed. In fact, this needs evaluation further to check your urine for microalbumin.
  • I would recommend you to not worry and get the test repeated after two weeks.

|