Q. Is it safe to travel abroad if I have kidney stones?

Dr. Shahil Khant

I was suffering from back pain and after an examination with ultrasonography in the KUB region, a 2.8 mm calculus was found in the right kidney and a 2.6 mm calculus in the left. I consulted a urologist, who suggested further examination. I have attached the reports of the same. I have no other health issues except for high BP. The details of my blood report are shown in the medical prescription. Here, I would like to add that I had already gone through cystography to remove the stone from the left and right ureter on two different occasions. Now my questions are, is it curable without any surgery? Is there any health risk if I travel abroad in this condition? What is your suggestion to get rid of this problem? Do you think that surgery is required? Do I need further tests? My PSA is 1.69 and uric acid is 6.5.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have gone through your history and your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You do have kidney stones, but they are too small to cause any pain. For this size, we usually we do not suggest any surgery. It can be dissolved with medicines. It is to be followed up every year. If the size increases to 5 mm, a surgery is considered.
  • There is no health risk if you travel abroad. You may have pain sometimes for which you can carry painkillers. Your PSA is fine and no further examination is required.
  • Take tablet Potrate MB6 (an oral solution of Potassium citrate, Magnesium citrate, and Vitamin B6), morning and evening for two months to dissolve the stone.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I have pain in my heels which did not get better with any painkiller. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a pain in my heels from three to four months. I used a lot of painkillers like Ibuprofen, Voltral, Nims, Dicloran inj, Brexien, Movax, Muscoril, Rotec, Bonate, Carlex D, and Vitamin D inj. and Methicobal inj. etc, but the result is zero. I also try to w...  Read Full »

Have I developed laxative dependency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am contacting you regarding my bowel issues. About five years ago, I began taking moderate to high doses of Magnesium to ease my heart palpitations. This caused my stools to be very loose and easy to pass. I would normally have 2 to 3 bowel movements a day. Beginning last year, I st...  Read Full »