Q. I have kidney stones. Is it dangerous to have creatinine level of 1. 6?

Dr. Y. Siva Roja

One week before three kidney stones came out, and I have a burning sensation while urinating after that. I went to the doctor he took some test and told that my creatinine level was 1.6. Is it dangerous? I have hypertension and my value is 150/100.

#

Based on your history you might be having a urinary tract infection. Urine infection is a known complication in patients with urine stones. Do you have other complaints in addition to burning sensation like fever with or without chills, abdomen pain, vomitings, and blood in urine?

The rise in creatinine in your case can be due to a pre-existing renal disease due to hypertension, or the current urinary tract infection may also cause this. I advise you to get,

1) Complete urine examination for any urinary tract infection.

2) Urine culture and sensitivity to identify the specific organism causing infection and antibiotic sensitivity.

3) Ultrasound abdomen to look for any urine stones still present.

4) Complete renal function test.

5) Complete blood count.

You are welcome back to me with any further queries.

|