Q. I have kidney stones. Is it dangerous to have creatinine level of 1. 6?

Dr. Y Siva Roja
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 22, 2019

One week before three kidney stones came out, and I have a burning sensation while urinating after that. I went to the doctor he took some test and told that my creatinine level was 1.6. Is it dangerous? I have hypertension and my value is 150/100.

Dr. Y Siva Roja

#

Based on your history you might be having a urinary tract infection. Urine infection is a known complication in patients with urine stones. Do you have other complaints in addition to burning sensation like fever with or without chills, abdomen pain, vomitings, and blood in urine?

The rise in creatinine in your case can be due to a pre-existing renal disease due to hypertension, or the current urinary tract infection may also cause this. I advise you to get,

1) Complete urine examination for any urinary tract infection.

2) Urine culture and sensitivity to identify the specific organism causing infection and antibiotic sensitivity.

3) Ultrasound abdomen to look for any urine stones still present.

4) Complete renal function test.

5) Complete blood count.

You are welcome back to me with any further queries.

Once increased, will the creatinine levels decrease?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 70 year old male. I am a long-term diabetic patient. My weight is 69 kg. I am suffering from CKD for the past one year. About one year back, my creatinine was 3. Now it has gradually increased to 5.18. It is my doubt. Once increased, will the creatinine level decrease? 10 days ba...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your creatinine has gradually increased over a period of a year, it will not decrease. In acute settings, like some infection or diarrhea, creatinine will temporarily rise and then comes down. But, in your case, it is a progression of the disease itself. So, it...  Read Full

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full

How to clear kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full

Ask a Nephrologist Now