Knee Brace

Does the outcome of ACL surgery get affected by the patient's weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am planning to get an operation for ACL injury. After how many days of operation will I walk normally and do bike riding? How fast will I recover? My weight is 80 kg. Is there any problem for quick recovery with this weight? Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After the ACL surgery, if the surgery goes well, usually you will start walking with the long knee brace from the second day of the surgery. Normally, you will be able to walk on your own after six to eight weeks of surgery. You can ride a bike after two to three months ...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after meniscus surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

From my MRI, kindly explain about my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a runner, and I am facing knee pain on my left leg since the last two months. I consulted an orthopedician and got an MRI as well, but there is nothing abnormal. But, I still have pain. I am a diabetic and on medicine for that alone. I have attached the MRI reports for reference.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sprain or strain on your knee and is also demonstrated by the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What did you take for pain relief? Are you wearing a brace? Did you do any physical therapy? Revert with the details to an internal ...  Read Full »

How to manage pain and swelling following a twisted knee?

Query: Hi doctor,Two days ago I twisted my knee. It has been paining ever since. I can bend it all the way back, but when I try to put pressure on it or fully extend it, I am in so much pain. There is a swelling. It looks like my right knee cap is out more than the left one.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of knee injury two days back, but you have been able to ambulate after the injury, even though it is painful to you. Initial management is to give rest to the affected joint and try to limit pain and hemarthrosis. In my opinion, since it is a twis...  Read Full »

I am unable to stand for a long time post knee surgery. Should I opt knee replacement?

Query: Hi doctor, I had surgery on my knee. During coughing or yawning, I get a sharp pain on the knee. I am unable to stand for a long time. It hurts a lot. My MRI doctor suggests me to have a replacement on the knee. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your knee seems to be arthritic, and hence the doctor advises for replacement. I need to see the X-ray of your knee so that I can take a decision. It hurts because of the weakened muscles. So you need to strengthen your quadriceps muscle by doing daily exercise under a ...  Read Full »

I had a PCL surgery last month. When can I start walking again?

Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I underwent a posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery, and the doctors fixed two screws in my body. The doctors gave me a knee brace after 15 days. When can I walk with the knee brace? When can I walk without the knee brace? Are the screws to be mandatoril...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can walk with the knee brace support immediately if the doctors have fixed the bone with the screws perfectly. It depends on the extent of the surgery. Most doctors prefer to wait for a...  Read Full »

How long will it take to recover from ACL injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I had ACL injury. What will be the time for recovery like normal walking and bike riding? I would like to know after how many days I will be able to do normal walking and bike riding.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually there will be swelling and effusion in the knee after an ACL injury (anterior cruciate ligament). So, that has to reduce for you to be back to normal. You should wear a long knee brace all the time and remove it only at night. Put a crepe bandage of 6 inches fro...  Read Full »

My 14 year old son has severe knee pain daily. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a mother of a 14 year old son. Over the past couple of months, my son has severe knee pains daily. He has vitamin D deficiency, which I have been told may cause it. The pain usually starts after being in one position for too long. It only lasts for about a minute but the pain is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you suggested point towards chondromalacia patella, which happens to be due to the softening of cartilage behind the knee cap. I suggest you try taking the following. Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg, twice a day for ten days after food. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, tw...  Read Full »

Do you think that my doctor's suggestion is right regarding my DVT and knee injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I met with an accident and the doctor diagnosed my knee with complete ACL tear and partial MCL injury. So, I started using a knee brace. Two days later, I took a long duration flight without taking any medication of thrombosis. However, I started taking Ibuprofen tablets (twice ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to give replies to your queries accordingly. The issue is that you have a concomitant knee ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury for which a surgical procedure will be required as you ...  Read Full »