Q. From my MRI, kindly explain about my knee pain.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2019

I am a runner, and I am facing knee pain on my left leg since the last two months. I consulted an orthopedician and got an MRI as well, but there is nothing abnormal. But, I still have pain. I am a diabetic and on medicine for that alone. I have attached the MRI reports for reference.

#

• You have sprain or strain on your knee and is also demonstrated by the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • What did you take for pain relief? Are you wearing a brace? Did you do any physical therapy?

Revert with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

No, I am not taking any medicines as well as I am not doing any therapy. I do not wear any brace. Please advise about medication, therapy and braces.

#

You would need the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

• Ibuprofen up to 400 mg three times a day with food for two weeks, if your liver and kidney function tests are normal.
  • A knee brace to support your medial and lateral meniscus and wear it for four weeks at least 12 hrs a day.
  • Prefer exercises that do not have high degree impact on your knees. Please get physical therapy to strengthen your quads further.
  • Do not put too much pressure on your knees and if possible minimize the running duration or sessions by half for a month.

Revert after a month to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|